All reviewscoyote pausedesert museumnature trailsaguaro national parksierra madreranch roomcommon roombird feedersmountain stationhot tubkitt peak observatorynative plantsdozen roomsbamboo terracehour sessioninteresting itemsguest house
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Truly a hidden gem in Tucson - I am well traveled and I've seen my fair share of rooms over the years but this gorgeous hacienda cottage made a huge impression on me ... The artistic Western style private gate is almost hidden, it opens up to a lush desert landscape and private drive. The guest house is Nestled in the foothills of saguaro national park, and is appointed throughout with the most gorgeous colorful artwork. Decadent persian rugs, tied together with modern vintage furnishings - we were in heaven. Everywhere you look you are greated by beauty in this peaceful quiet desert setting. Rocking bench seating area on front patio as well as fire pit and rocking chairs on back patio. The sunlight shines through the stained glass window in the bathroom creating a beautiful lighting effect. We honestly felt so cozy and at home - we highly highly recommend "Cat Mountain Lodge" to everyone! My fiance wanted Reese's peanut butter cups so I surprised her and put them in the ceramic donkey on the coffee table she laughed so hard she cried...we played Domino's to the sound of a gentle monsoon shower then walked the garden in the backyard.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Perfect place in a perfect location. Nicely decorated B&B, surrounded by nature. The garden is beautiful with lots of birds and places to sit. Coffee tea cookies and more are available 24h a day. We felt very welcome in this tranquil place. Very close to Sauguaro NP West. We had a great time, stayed only one night, unfortunately. Will return for sure if we come to Tucson again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We arrived in mid-April for a celebration of our 60th wedding anniversary. We had selected the Lodge for its location (outside of Tucson itself, close to Saguaro National Park and the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum) and for the fact that it would accommodate the two of us and our two "children" with their families, 10 of us in total. Our ages ranged from 11 months to 71 years. The family with the older two children stayed in a large two-queens suite, we stayed in a single-king room, and the family with the younger children stayed in the guest house which is a couple of hundred yards from the Lodge itself. All of our accommodations were excellent, comfortable, and spacious. We ate many of our meals at the guest house and were delighted to find that the well-appointed kitchen provided all (except for food) that we needed. For those who love nature, the lodge was a perfect spot: many bird species and several lizard species were readily visible near the lodge, the landscaping was attractive and natural, and the (identified) plants in the courtyard attracted hummingbirds, some finches, a few warblers, and some doves. We hope to return to the Lodge in 2019, though this time our party will be two rather than ten!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2018

My husband and I come to the Tucson area annually for a spring getaway. This year for the first time we spent two nights at the Guest House at Cat Mountain Lodge. When we unlocked the door and did a quick walk-thru we instantly fell in love with the Guest House and immediately booked our 2 week stay for March 2019. The Guest House is separated from the main B & B by a short distance and is surrounded by pristine desert. We spent many hours on the lovely back patio reading and enjoying the relaxing, peaceful, quiet environment. The abode is roomy, beautifully decorated with a western theme, comfortably appointed (large flat-screen TV, comfy bed, wifi, thirsty towels, well-appointed kitchen, etc.), and altogether a wonderful place to spend either one night or many. It is located near Old Tucson, the Saguaro National Park West, the Desert Museum and many other amenities including restaurants, the best of which we found to be Coyote Pause, the restaurant associated with Cat Mountain Lodge. Coyote Pause has excellent breakfasts and lunches! There are also some lovely shops in the Cat Mountain complex offering beautiful artwork, photography, crafty things, etc. I could go on and on! We highly recommend Cat Mountain Lodge and are looking forward to many more stays there!

Room Tip: We've personally looked at all of the rooms and would be comfortable staying in any of them.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed at Cat Mountain for two nights and loved our stay. I cannot say enough how comfortable and cozy the rooms were. Decorated with southwest flair with attention to details. Even the smallest thing was thought about, like unscented lotion which was very much appreciated by this Florida girl. Breakfast at the Coyote Pause was friendly and tasty. Breakfast on Easter had a nice assortment of goodies and a yummy frittata.
The best thing was the bed! So super comfortable! Best night sleep I had in weeks! The only thing I wished I had during my stay was more time. I plan on visiting again, for sure!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family