“Haunted”

Providence Biltmore
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in room 1233 on 6/23. We heard the stories but never expected to have anything happen to us. We went to sleep appx 9:30 pm bcz we had an early rise for Johnson and Wales. I was asleep and out of nowhere, there was something walking above my head on the pillow, like a dog slowly stepping. It came around me and then over me. I slowly creped to my boyfriends corner of the bed and jumped off. I heard it's nails on the bathroom tile. During the experience I could not move and tried to yell my boyfriends name and nothing came out. Once it was gone, I turned to him and yelled his name. He was out cold, I woke him and asked if he felt anything, he got aggravated that I woke him. I finally fell back asleep appx 5am. We woke at 6:15. I told him what happened to me. He is a skeptic so I didn't think he would believe me. He stared at me when I told him, he said...whatever that was, just stopped creeping up and down the bed in between us. He said it lasted almost a 1/2 hour and he couldn't move. He is no longer a skeptic. We both can't stop thinking about this. I loved the hotel and was looking forward to visiting my daughter and staying there but now I'm afraid of what might happen if we do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
25  Thank Lori K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

my wife and I and 17 yr old son stayed here on a college tour. very large, extremely comfortable room. staff was very helpful with dinner ideas etc. Was pleasantly surprised at all Providence offers, and this was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ekter
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My sister and I stayed for a Saturday night in March. This was obviously very recently renovated, adn the room was gorgeous! Very modern and trendy fixtures, VERY comfy beds and pillows, and
TV in both the sitting area and bed area. THe old closet remains, and really becomes a second dressing area! Huge! All in all, great to be in the center of town and to grab a Starbucks on the way up for the night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Located in the heart of downtown Providence, the Biltmore is conveniently location in close proximity to City Hall, the Rhode Island Convention Center, various museums, Brown University, and plenty of dining options. After a long ride on the bus from NYC, it was nice to see that our drop-off location was only a block away from the hotel.

What the Biltmore lacks in space, is definitely made up for with quality furnishings and great attention to style and detail. Though I have been to hotels with larger common areas and rooms, I noticed that those responsible for the interior design have managed to fill the spaces with classic, yet modern furnishings that draws focus away from whatever you’re lacking in space. Definitely one of the most, if not the most comfortable beds I’ve slept on while away from home. A great location plus the beds alone would definitely warrant a return visit to the Providence Biltmore hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Providence Biltmore. We were in town for an evening at the performing arts center. The hotel provided a shuttle to and from which made it very convenient. The staff were very helpful. The room was great and the bed was very comfortable. We found the history of the hotel quite interesting. They don't make hotels like this anymore. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014