“Duck, duck, lamb”

Chez Pascal
Ranked #51 of 865 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two-thirds of our party of six ordered the duck and they all left with smiles on their faces. I had the (boned) lamb shank with chickpeas and was also delighted. The cheese board appetizer was shareable and delicious, but it meant we were too full for dessert. Nevertheless, we ordered one for the table and it was yummy. Not cheap, but the food, service and ambiance are a match for the price. A very nice special-occasion place.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I have been to this restaurant both for dinner and for the wurst kitchen in the afternoon. The name is French, and yes there are French dishes there but some of the items on the menu have a hint of Austria. My husband and I love the unique combination. My favorite is the wurst kitchen and could possibly eat one of each of the featured sausages on their menu. They are delicious without being overpowered by toppings or condiments. With it they give you a little cup of potato salad, seemingly German-style. I cannot possibly say how delicious those sausages are enough. The staff there are outstanding as well. None of them leave you waiting for long periods of time. For dinner I usually opt for the French dishes. The portions are small, which is typical for that type of restaurant, but when you taste the food, you taste all the layers of flavors. Its a bomb going off in your mouth. Memorable and remarkable. I've never eaten anything there that wasn't outstanding. I've never had a waiter or waitress who didn't know everything on the menu. The place is never a disappointment.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We enjoy occasional dinner, plus the annual new year brunch.
Food is delicious, especially desert.Sservice in super,

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We all loved the food. It was unanimous. Amazing deserts. Absolute gem and highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The Wurst by day, Chez chique by night. Chez Pascal serves some of the most beauitful food in the Providence area. Influenced by what you may already suspect... the French, the food is a delicate balance between flavor and beauty. Each dish is prepared delicately but with a force of flavor.

Don't be fooled! They have a sign for both the Wurst Kitchen and Chez Pascal and they are one in the same restaurant. They only do Wurst during the day and then they do both at night (minus the hot dog buns). I went with the BF and each dish was split up for us at no extra charge and without us even asking making sharing a very doable. They have a great list of beers and wines and a menu that would make your eyes horizontally nystagmatic. We had a seafood broth with a couple added clam bellies, escargot followed by duck and dessert. Each decorate impeccably, seasoned perfectly and together tasting amazingly.

Prices are on the expensive side but worth the experience! Street parking and it does fill up quickly given that the restaurant is on the smaller side. Everyone is so polite here. Highly recommend this place!

2  Thank ejchowder