3,050 results
All reviewsghost tourstephen kingcascades restaurantwhiskey barbeautiful hotelthe main hotelfourth floorghost huntershaunted roomparanormal activityhaunted hotelconcert hallscary marygreat historyfront porchbucket listhotel tour
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed for 2 nights, and enjoyed out time. An excellent location on the property and very nice views from the deck. The rooms were clean and large enough for our large group. We stayed in late May so the temperature was hot one day and quite cold the other day. In the summer months it may get a bit hot, as the only rooms with AC were the 2 rooms downstairs in the cottage. I would recommend the hotel to include a pet option.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Gareth C, Front Office Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Lasher,

Thank you for staying in our cottage and leaving us with a very nice review! We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

the room had a great view of the lake and surrounding mountains. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable and everything was clean. We ate the Cascades restaurant 3 times, for breakfast and a dinner. The food was great, the breakfast on the first day was a little on the cool side but still very good on taste and amount of food in all cases. We were very impressed with the service staff, our breakfast waitress Sarah was outstanding, attentive personal and informative and the diner server was very competent as well. You have done a great job training and obtaining the right help to promote the experience of staying at the Stanley.

Room Tip: For a great view choose the even number rooms and ask to be on the side of the Hotel

Dear Dornbosjim,

Thank you sharing your experience with us and everyone on TripAdvisor! We will make sure that the chef and Sarah receive your compliments! Thank you.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Lodge at the Stanley Hotel. The Lodge was described as a luxury boutique hotel. Prices fluctuate throughout the season, but with fees, one night cost us a little over $300.
There was also a $75 fee for bringing our dog along. There was no way to pay up front for this online. I added that I would be bringing a dog to my reservation notes. A week before our stay I called The Stanley to see if I could go ahead and pay the fee and have my dog officially added to my reservation to avoid confusion. The rep said no, that would all be taken care of upon check-in. He mentioned that there would be amenities for the dog including water and food dishes, treats, and a bed. He also told me he thought that the fee was $50.
We checked in, paid the $75 fee and were told the same thing: that the dog amenities would be delivered to our room later. They were never delivered to us.
The room itself was rather small. There was some mold on the ledge of the bathtub, not just a speck that someone missed, though, a thick, long line of it. As warned on the website there is no AC. To give you an idea of what that looks like we kept our two windows open during the duration of our stay. The temperature read 81 in the afternoon and 78 the next morning. A fresh breeze in our room ameliorated the heat. There was also a small fan in the closet that we didn’t use. There was a small coffee maker that utilized a “disposable brew tray” (a thin, flexible plastic try that didn’t go inside the coffee maker, but sat underneath the reservoir). While that sounds like an awfully dangerous way to make coffee, the actual problem I encountered was that there was some kind of leak in the tank itself. As soon as I added water, most of it immediately spilled out onto the table and floor. There weren’t any coffee mugs or even paper cups, just two whisky glasses. So, I got about 1/3 of a whisky glass worth of coffee.
For sharing my stay on social media, I received a voucher for a welcome amenity. On TripAdvisor a few reviews mentioned that guests had redeemed theirs for drink tickets. At a boutique hotel I worked at we gave out either a chocolate strawberry plate or a cheese plate homemade from the kitchen for similar situations. When I presented the voucher at the front desk there seemed to be some confusion. After a few minutes the attendant returned with a 3 inch foam ghost with The Stanley logo on it, worth less than the paper coffee cups that weren’t in our room.
We went to the bar to get a drink. While the host wasn’t very helpful, our bartender seemed attentive at first. I ordered a mixed drink and my boyfriend ordered a beer. The bartender mixed my drink right in front of us. She poured out the last of a whisky bottle which filled up the jigger about 2/3 of the way. As she continued mixing the drink I was just waiting for her to get an extra minute to open another bottle to top off my drink. She never did. She had gotten a little confused and already asked for our IDs and not returned them. Then she asked again and when we told her this she realized they were in her apron. We all laughed about this. We did not laugh about my shorted shot or my boyfriend’s lukewarm beer.
The grounds are nice but nothing too special. When we arrived there was a college bbq with a band on one of the lawns. The Lodge was hosting a wedding and reception. The grounds were milling with people. While the landscaping in front is nice, it is a smaller area than was expected. And while the front areas were well-kempt, there were other areas in the back and to the sides of the building that were nothing but dirt and weeds.
The Lodge itself was a nice reprieve from the hubbub at the main building. The front porch was wide and had comfortable patio furniture. The interior is nicely decorated and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was enjoyable.
When we got into bed we realized that there was no duvet cover. Instead, two flat sheets were folded together over the duvet. They don’t stay The only noise issue we had was a loud dog that barked for hours on end at night.
There were good things about our stay, but don’t be fooled: The Lodge at The Stanley is not a luxury boutique experience. Charging $75 for a dog is a luxury hotel thing, but never bringing by the associated amenities is not. Playing up the historical element to a room is a luxury boutique thing, but mold in the bathtub, a broken coffee maker, and nothing to put said coffee in, is not. Not having AC in a historic room is fine, but not having a duvet cover is not. Overpriced food and drink is a luxury hotel thing, but inattentiveness to the quality of food and drink is not. I would probably be satisfied if The Lodge at the Stanley advertised itself as simply a historic B&B and had prices to match, but it has a long way to go if it wants to be considered a luxury experience and live up to its pricetag.

Room Tip: The Lodge has quiet rooms; ask questions about pets ahead of time; easy to negotiate early/late checkout
1  Thank Hafen09

Dear Hafen,

I am very sorry for incorrect information provided to you before you arrived as well as the lack of coffee cups inside your room.

Please be aware that we have never provide drink tickets or chocolate strawberry plates or cheese plates for sharing a stay on social media. What we have provided as an amenity gift, which currently have as a 3 inch squishy ghost that we specially order as a thank you to sharing on Twitter, Facebook, and Google.

We thank you for leaving an honest review, I have shared this with the restaurant manager so that we can improve our services.

We hope you will stay with us again one day in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

They were re-siding the the front of the hotel, so there was scaffolding everywhere, but it was a minimal distraction since we were out all day and they finished work by 6pm. This is a beautiful hotel with a beautiful views. If you are looking for modern conveniences, like air conditioning and refrigerator this is not the place for you, If you want to stay in a hotel with lots of great history and you step back in time when you enter the hotel, then book this hotel. It is very clean and the staff was the best. We stayed in Room 219, that was kinda cool. I will be back. Why would you stay anywhere else when visiting RMBP?

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Gareth C, Front Office Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

To answer your question, I think not.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We all enjoyed reading it. We hope you come back and stay with us very soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We had a great weekend last weekend at Aspire! And it is all due to the Inn Keeper there Heather Torres. Before we even got to the hotel she reached out to me several times offering her help to make reservations at restaurants or tours for us. She was so helpful and went above and beyond her job responsibilities. From being so helpful before our arrival and being so welcoming when we did arrive; she is such a pleasure. The whole weekend was fun! We ate at the Whiskey Bar and it was very good ! We will be back and hopefully Heather will still be there!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Cmider,

Thank you for your most amazing words! Heather is our new incredible Inn Keeper and we are all so happy to have her. We hope you come back and visit very soon.