All reviews full kitchen the penthouse rudy's bbq range cafe pull out couch no elevator waffles choose this hotel light sleeper stayed here for one night first floor nice room late at night rooms are spacious front desk staff we've stayed nice breakfast
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Breakfast was good, rooms dated but comfy, pet fee for small dog outrageous. Pet walk had sticky tight which cut my feet (barefoot)and stuck into my pets fur.
Be mindful as I went on the balcony at 2 am and there was a man sitting in behind the room on the concrete drain. There was a woman looking for something late at night in the vsame place with a lighter. I didn't feel safe to walk the dog at night and really sad because homeless people everywhere.
Staff was extremity friendly.

Room Tip: Chose rooms in middle or front as we had very back and that's were the homeless reside outside the balcony
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
CVZCY, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear luvtovaca111,

Thank you so much for taking time to review the hotel. I apologize for the sticky walkway. The cherry trees in the back yard are beautiful but require lots of clean-up during this time of year. Although we routinely power-wash this area, it sounds like we need to increase the frequency of washings. I appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our processes to deliver a great hotel experience. If there's anything we can do to make up for this, please don't hesitate to contact me.

As for the pet fee, it's a one-time fee to cover extensive cleaning after every pet stay and for our long-term guests, it makes sense. For guests staying just a few nights, it can seem like a lot. For us, we have a third party clean the carpets and upholstery regardless of how long the pet was in the room and thus the fee remains. Most pet friendly hotels do not have our level of fees but also, they do not have our level of cleanliness standards. It's an unfortunate price to pay for a quality room that's also pet friendly.

Once again, I thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review. I hope to serve you again whenever you return to Albuquerque.

Justin Coffman

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Great cul-du-sac out front so if your pulling a trailer or a u-haul there is enough space to park right out front on the street, maybe enough room for two cars and two trailers but in a big wide space so your out of the way for other drivers and have a night security guard to check everything for you. Great beds, very nice room and nice that the sink is separate from the shower area for getting ready in the morning. Nice also to have a full kitchen with an ice maker to have ice in the morning. Really decent breakfast, plus if your headed out of Albuquerque on the the 40, it’s far enough on the east side that you will miss 80% of morning rush hour traffic, as most of it will be going into town, and not out. I really enjoyed our stay there. My friend that I was traveling with opted to sleep on the pull out even though I thought I would, however she didn’t ever make up the pull out as she says she sleeps better on a couch sometimes for the back support, so she just dropped a sheet across the couch, which she said worked to straighten out her back! Lol. Great stay would highly recommend, but ask for a room away from highway if you are a light sleeper, because if your near the highway you may get a bit of road noise other than that it was great!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Clean Hotel, Friendly efficient check-in, fantastic room.
The hotel seems to be recently built. Everything is in great shape. Room is large and comfortable. Free basic wireless internet, or Paid premium internet (Free for Gold & Platinum members) RJ-45 wired connections also! 2 blocks from Highway 40.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We recently stayed at the Penthouse Suite at Residence Inn off Prospect in Albuquerque. We were very pleased! we had 2 adults and 3 kids, and we utilized both bedrooms, baths, and the pull out couch. All was very clean and comfortable. Kitchen was well stocked. I did read all the reviews ahead of time before arrival, and I was a tad worried, as people had said the location was sketchy, or maybe the rooms were older... but I found no such issue with location or quality of stay. We had a great time, we did not feel any security issues at all... in fact, we were very close to a lot of the down town areas, and had fun exploring local shops and places to eat. We enjoyed the pool, and breakfast was great as usual, and the staff were all super friendly. Being from the midwest, this was our first time traveling out west, and we had great conversations with the front desk and breakfast staff about where we wanted to go and suggestions were given, which was very helpful to hear from locals. Will stay again if we are ever back in the area!

Room Tip: Penthouse was good for 2 separate sleeping spaces
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We spent last night here on our way to southwest Colorado. This is an older Residence Inn, but I was impressed by the rooms and the staff. Our room was updated, clean and in good shape. At check in the staff was friendly. We had an issue with our TV and they responded very quickly. We choose this hotel because it is “Pet Friendly” according to the Marriott website. That means you can have a pet, but the term is somewhat misleading. There is a $100 non-refundable charge for having a pet. This is not the first time I have encountered this at Marriott properties. I wish they would either make that clearer or use a term besides “pet friendly”. Otherwise, our stay was great and I would highly recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family