All reviews the club lounge albuquerque airport an early flight rental car next morning starbucks coffee the shuttle driver free internet after midnight front desk staff up to date late at night comfortable rooms very nice hotel new mexico fitness center nice room
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were only here for the night but we were given a warm and friendly welcome and our executive queen room was clean and comfortable. We had access to the executive lounge which provided a light but very acceptable three course meal early evening and which saved us having to venture out to find a restaurant. Breakfast served there too was pleasant and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Hotel was huge and busy but at no time were we disturbed.
All in all a great job done by the Sheraton and we'd definitely consider using the chain again in future travels.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I choose to use this hotel for overnight stays, so as to get to the airport conveniently and early, for my morning flight to Atlanta. I have used this hotel at least twice in the past.

First, when making reservations, the online person was to charge me more than, say, hotels.com or trivago, despite saying that by calling, one would save money. I did get my 'discount' only after telling them I would save by calling. When you call, you are then told that a microwave or fridge will cost 15 bucks more. Hmmmm.....

So, checking in, I am assigned a room by someone who is looking for her next break. Walk into a room that smells like a tobacco den. I ask for re-assignment, and get a 'clean' room. But then, the occasional spurt from my vent smells like fumes from the sewer. 5th floor, not making it up.

Will re-think staying here. Uber has opened up my options. Currently it seems the sheraton albuquerque is following in the path of the rest of this city and state. Sanctuary-type feeling. That is so sad.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cynthia F, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Kerry Z,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and bringing your situation to our attention. We have an ongoing program to continue to offer excellent service to our guests and your comments are important to us in carrying out that effort.

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you incurred during your arrival with us. I have discussed these issues with the appropriate departments, to ensure this does not occur again.

While it is our goal to create a perfect guest experience, we know that even our best efforts will sometimes fall short of this goal. We realize that only a full commitment to the personal service of every guest will ensure our success.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us and give us another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable night’s stay. Please call me directly to book your reservation.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Sometimes well-thought-out features aren’t enough to overshadow bad luck. The hotel’s entrance is attractive. We appreciated some of the upgrades to this airport-accessible hotel, including: new wood-grain-look rectangular tile at the entrance and in the vanity and bath areas; a large make-up mirror, recessed drawers and storage, and in-room safe outside the bathroom; and glass-topped desk and end tables in the room.

Drawbacks to the particular room in which we stayed include: inefficiently-draining tub and an uncomfortable mattress. Also, we are not fans of the air conditioner blowing air directly onto the bed from the grate at the top of a side wall. Otherwise, the room seemed well equipped.

The bad luck? Arriving late after our flight’s weather-related delayed baggage retrieval and not getting late dinner service at the hotel. There were problems with the number of personnel available and extreme noise and distraction from a rowdy, celebratory group of guests. While these were unusual events, we were told by regular guests, a number of parties left without waiting for food.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia F, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear LJCretiree

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you incurred during your stay with us. I have discussed these issues with the appropriate departments, to ensure this does not occur again.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us and give us another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable night’s stay. Please call me directly to book your next reservation.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel because it was very close to the airport for an early morning flight and because it was easy to return a rental car the night before our flight.
However, there were many reasons why we would not choose to stay here again.

The front desk wasn't very forthcoming with information when we arrived. We had to phone down to the desk to ask for free Wi Fi info and again for info on our complementary breakfast voucher. After check out we noticed that we had been charged for our Free Wi Fi and had to have the statement corrected.

The rooms were not insulated well so there was lots of noise from the planes.

There was a beautiful outdoor pool, but the water was VERY COLD so clients could not use it.

After returning our rental car to the airport the evening before our flight home we phoned the hotel for a shuttle pick up. We waited for at least 30 minutes but the shuttle didn't appear so we ended up getting the rental car shuttle back to the terminal and then walked from the terminal back to the hotel.
The complementary breakfast buffet was the worst that we have had in a very long time!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia F, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

I would like to apologize for the disappointment you incurred during your arrival at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport. I have discussed these issues with the appropriate departments, to ensure this does not occur again.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

me and my stepmother flew into Albuquerque and was on our way to Santa Fe but our flight got in around 1am so we decided to spend the night near the airport. I confirmed ahead of time that it was going to be ok to do a late check in and they confirmed that someone will be there to check us in. when we checked in I requested a late check out around 1pm where we were getting in so late and they were very accommodating. The room was nice and spacious and the beds were comfortable. the next morning both of us were hungry and they had a great breakfast buffet. would highly recommend this place to stay very close to the airport and has a shuttle.

Room tip: don't think you could get a bad room at this hotel all four sides show either the city or airport
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Cynthia F, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Samantha,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel. We appreciate the wonderful comments, and look forward to serving you again when your plans include Albuquerque.