Review Highlights
Great local souvenir (and more) shop

Reviewed 28 November 2014
comparativ
Amarillo, Texas
Great shop with a lot of southwest foods and souvenirs

Reviewed 10 August 2015

from US$199.00
from US$159.00
from US$80.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2020

I went to this store and bought a few items. Later at dinner I looked at my receipt and notice they overcharge me for a shot glass that had a sticker listing the price as $3.95. They charge me $5.95! Also, saw I was charged $1.00 for using a debit card. No sign saying this would be the charge. I called the store and told them of the overcharge An hour later I went back to the store and the employee actually accused me of altering the sticker! Saying, we don' sell $3.95 shot glasses. I showed her the shot glass that had the store sticker listing the price as $3.95. She was very rude when she handed the $2 difference. FYI, this was not the only item i purchased. My total bill was $38.55 so it was like i was trying to cheat them over $2!

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

We saw the recommendation for this shop on Trip Advisor and we are so glad we came. They have a huge variety of fresh and dried chile products, southwestern souvenirs and much more. The clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. Don't miss coming to this store!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 29 November 2014

I used to drive by this shop all the time. I knew it was turning fall when we could smell roasted chiles in the lot across the street. SAME GUY! The owners has been selling and roasting chiles for decades, had his shop for 14 years, and frankly, knows his local stuff. If you want souvenirs or locally made pistachios, biscochito, roasted chiles (when in season), or just need some ideas for local stuff, he's your guy.

Sure it's a souvenir shop. But it's outside of Old Towne which is hard to find. It's local. He's local. His selection is mind blowing. And he prides himself on most everything edible being made in NM, with exception to one thing which he TOLD me wasn't NM before I even saw it. He's the real NM deal. Super friendly to boot.

Date of experience: November 2014