“Teppan-Yaki, Sushi, Noodles - All Good”

Hayashi Hibachi Restaurant
Ranked #295 of 1,966 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This place emphasizes its "teppan-yaki" (plate-grilled food) with numerous teppan stations filling the center of the restaurant. Regular tables, and a sushi bar with about 20 seats are also available if you want to avoid the noise and show at the teppan tables.

We stopped in for lunch, and had a good time, and good food, off the teppan grill. The Chef's show is part of the experience, but I have to admit, it is less interesting the 50th time through.

My wife's small filet was tender and tasty. My calamari/scallop combo was somewhat unusual for the area, but grilled tender and tasty.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We have visited this hibachi restaurants many times and have had different experiences each time. Sometimes it has been bad, but mostly decent. We went on a Sunday evening and it was packed for the hibachi style dining. We didn’t want to wait so we ate the hibachi food but at a regular table. We actually thought the hibachi food at a normal table tasted better than sitting next to the grill! We can’t wait to try it this way again!!! Especially since there wasn’t a wait!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Took 10 family members for dinner. The teppanyaki cooking was basic at best and not entertaining. The lobster was way salty and hardly edible. The Filet was cut in huge chunks but ok. The chicken was over cooked and on the dry side. Won’t be going back anytime soon.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017

After a week of eating junk across Arizona and Utah I was desperate for something fresh and clean. Hayashi offered this and more.

This is a typical tepanyaki restaurant with chefs tossing pepper mills and knives but they also have a large sushi bat where I sat and had a Kirin before diving into the fish. The salmon sashimi was a bit thick but at the perfect temperature. The Unagi (eel) was perfect and the best I've had outside Tokyo. The Ikura (salmon roe) was bursting with flavour.

I loved the food and the waiter even topped me up on ginger without me asking or drooling too heavily.

So whether you want something meaty or fishy this is a great restaurant and was about $50 inc tip.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We've been to Hayashi many times and we've always been pleased. It's got a lovely decor, an excellent menu, and the food is always wonderful whether it's at a regular table with normal service, or at the hibachi table with the food prepared in front of you by a talent chef. He always puts on a great show in preparing the food and we love to take friends there.

Date of visit: September 2017