“Best Dinner in Albuquerque”
Review of Farm and Table

Farm and Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Farm and Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alameda
Transit: From downtown Albuquerque, take the 10 North Fourth Street (Northbound). Arrive at 4th @ Ortega; .21 mile walk North; Farm & Table is on the West side of the street.
Description: Voted the last four years Winner of Open Table Diners' Choice and the Local Hero Award for Best Restaurant, Farm & Table provides a culinary experience not to be missed! Nestled in the beautiful North Valley, the team at Farm & Table creates inspired seasonal dishes using local ingredients from local farmers and ranchers and from our on-site farm just beyond the patio! In addition to full entrees, small plates are perfect for tasting & sharing, especially when paired with flights of wine, beer, and cheese.
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Delicious well prepared fresh food, beautiful outdoor seating area, great service and good prices. The waiter was knowledgeable, and very attentive. We would have eaten there every night of our week stay!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Farm and Table is Albuquerque's somewhat unassuming answer to the fine dining cultures of the major coastal and Midwest cities. The concept reminds me of many of the James Beard Award-winning and Michelin-starred restaurants I used to frequent during years spent in Chicago and New York. In execution, the result is decidedly Albuquerque "aw shucks," slightly rough around the edges, but certainly accomplishing its goals and leaving the diner satisfied. This was my wife's and my first visit, and we will be back. Ingredients here are sourced almost entirely from local farmers, which change with the season and are listed on a chalkboard outside the restaurant's main entrance. The menu hits all of the high notes one would expect of a fine dining establishment and includes items to satisfy vegetarians and gluten-free customers, as well as omnivores like me. The menu lacks any single item that can be construed as a "signature" dish for Farm and Table, but then again, their mission is not to reinvent the wheel. Rather, it is simply to offer a genuine fine-dining experience with farm-to-table ingredients, and they certainly accomplish this. The menu plays it safe, with reliable small and large plate classics, including garlic-ginger braised pork belly, grilled artichoke hearts, roasted duck breast, pork tenderloin, shrimp and grits, trout with greens and poblano crema, and a traditional ribeye with mashed potatoes, beet puree, and crisp green beans. We started with the pork belly and the grilled artichoke hearts. For our mains, I had the ribyeye (rare), while my wife went with the trout, all washed down with a couple of half-bottles of Laurent-Perrier NV brut cuvee champagne. Pork belly is ubiquitous, appearing on more fine dining menus than not. Farm and Table's version is very good to excellent, though perhaps a hair below the tenderness of what you would find coming from, say, a Michelin starred kitchen. The sauce was so delicious as to be memorable. The grilled artichoke hearts were served with warm goat cheese on crostini to create a simple, satisfying small dish. I cannot comment on the trout, as I did not taste it. The ribeye was prepared as I like it, on the rare side of rare. For an up-charge, I ordered the steak with truffle butter, because I am a sucker for truffle. It was an excellent complement to a high-quality, perfectly-prepared cut of meat. The green beans were fresh and crisp, the beet puree smokey and flavorful. If I had to levy a criticism, I would only say that, with the beet puree, perhaps Farm and Table attempted to do just a hair too much with a dish that is best prepared and presented simply. However, that is simply my observation and not an expert opinion. For dessert, my wife had the olive oil cake with strawberries and meringue flakes, and I had the trio of ice creams (strawberry, vanilla, Mexican chocolate). Like the rest of the meal, the desserts were delicious if standard, and wholly satisfying. Service at Farm and Table is attentive and unpretentious. The setting is classic New Mexico--an adobe building with a patio paved in terra cotta backing up to the restaurant's on-site farm, which provides the perfect backdrop for a luminous New Mexico sunset. Bottom line: this is undoubtedly fine dining with an unassuming, take-me-as-I-am Albuquerque personality. Don't come expecting the same type of experience you will have at the fine dining establishments in "the big cities" (whatever that means these days). Do come expecting to enjoy excellent food in a beautiful setting served by good New Mexico people. We will return many times, I'm sure.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

We had dinner at Farm and Table on a Wednesday night. Although the restaurant was fairly busy, the service was excellent with the server checking on us ofter but not too much. Food was great and the plating was as good as I've seen even in big cities. We shared a Caprese salad with the tomatoes fresh and very flavorful. The trout was awesome as was the shrimp and grits. We finished off with the flourless chocolate brownie-decadent!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

In the heart of the Albuquerque Bosque, this place is not living up to its hype. Granted, the setting is lovely, ingredients are fresh and presentations are nice. But, outdoors tables are swarmed with flies, shade can be iffy as the meal progresses and there isn’t enough parking for a full house.

We found the grilled artichoke hearts were tasty, but the pork belly appetizer tough and less than appetizing. Sadly, the bread was stale, while the butter was great. One of our entries was outrageously spicy (the tofu/shrimp stir fry), the seafood red curry was so-so, while the pork tenderloin was scrumptious.

Don’t expect top notch service here, as the wait staff haven’t had training...much clattering and stacking of crockery, reaching across other diners, rushed courses and so on.

Spend your money at one of the other great ABQ restaurants.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Besides the fact the food is very highly priced it is a great setting overall. Service was great, food was great, just a little high priced for the lack of food served.
Definitely a upscale restaurant for those who love the high society setting.
Overall we were very pleased with our dinner.