All reviews trader joes shopping and restaurants social hour coronado mall two bedroom suite full kitchen living area within walking distance the air conditioning home away from home balloon fiesta hot breakfast oatmeal fitness center new mexico easy access convenient location
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We recently stayed at this Homewood Suites for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite.
It is easily located and in a good location with easy access to many restaurants as well as a freeway. Staff are very friendly and welcoming and even had complimentary snacks available at the counter.
Although I had specifically requested a high floor with a view of the valley & volcanos, the only suite available to us was a suite on the 1st floor--- so we had to be careful to keep the curtains drawn so to have complete privacy from the cars in the parking lot. However, the front desk clerk apologized profusely & explained why what we had requested was not available. As it turned out, it looks as if the hotel is situated in such a way that there is NO clear view of the valley and the volcanoes from the suites no matter what level one is on! The hotel has been refurbished and the public areas are beautiful, sleek and modern. The bedding, linens and towels, etc. were of a nice quality. We appreciated the fact that the sofa and the club chair (also showing its age) were of the older style and NOT the newer more contemporary style found in other Hilton properties that are very uncomfortable. Everything was immaculately clean. Our biggest dissatisfaction turned out to be the horrible audio on the RCA television in the living area! Even though it was tuned to the highest level, the audio was so low that it could not be heard. We don't understand why this hotel chose RCA TV's when most Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites have the LG TV's that have much better audio. One other item that needs correcting is that there isn't a towel rack in the bathroom lavatory area of either bedroom. Therefore one has to put the wet washcloth on the counter and also lay the damp hand towel on the counter.... neither is a big deal but it is inconvenient and not in keeping with most Homewood Suites. Hopefully this was an oversight in this suite and not carried out in the refurbishing of all the suites.
Overall, we will probably stay in this Homewood Suites again when visiting Albuquerque if the Embassy Suites with its beautiful views is unavailable.
ALERT: When we packing our car for check out, we were approached by a panhandler in her own vehicle who gave us a sob story about having had her purse stolen and needing money to drive to Las Cruces. We fell for the story and realized after she drove away that we'd been scammed. I suspect she was sitting in the parking lot waiting for travelers who were leaving who would not go back into the hotel and report it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tiffany B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hello Zell,

Thank you so much for the lengthy review! It's always a pleasure to have our guests give us an extensive outline of their stay so we know our areas of opportunity and also what we've been doing right. I apologize that you had to deal with the panhandler in the parking lot and I assure you we do our due diligence to run them off as best we can. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and I wish you safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Nice rooms with microwave and full-size fridge and king bed. The entrance to the Uptown Mall is just aross the street, and good restaurants like Lone Star and Pei Wei are about 5–10 minutes walk away.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Jono,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and give us such an amazing score. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Special thanks to Daniel for the fantastic Hilton Honors Diamond-upgraded room, it was more than appreciated! This is one of the new Homewoods, built more like the typical 6-floors hotels rather than the traditional 1- and 2-story models of yesterday. It has a tiny fitness room with weights but oddly, no bench. Clearly, management is not a weight-lifter or they would stick one in here. There is a doctor’s scale, however. The evening reception was nice, as was breakfast (featuring fresh apples and oranges). Windows are screened and open for a breeze. Another seeming oddity: no bedside clock in either of the 2 bedrooms. We probably should have called and requested one, so maybe you will. And yes, there is a USA Today newspaper (take that, Marriott, which has discontinued this guest perk for no apparent reason)!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello MMPJMH!!!

Nothing makes me happier than to see one of my associates get recognized for their service. I promise to work on the weight bench issue. We just have a few ADA hurdles to overcome before putting one in the fitness center. Thank you so much for the awesome review and I hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This hotel is well located, but I wish it were generally better staffed, cleaned, supplied, etc. I have stayed here a number of times, but have stopped complaining because improvement seems beyond the management's control.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tiffany B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hello 34BMW,

I apologize that whatever it was you complained about was not taken care of. Voicing your opinion on how we can improve your stay should never be quieted and I assure you that if you've ever visited my office in the middle of the lobby, I would have resolved your issues. I'm sorry you have never felt comfortable coming to me personally but my door is always open and I hope you could give me an opportunity to speak with you personally the next time you come upon any of these items we need to improve. I apologize again and hope you find a more accommodating hotel in the future if we can't meet your needs.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Great accommodations,with complimentary breakfast, clean room and friendly staff that is very helpful in addressing questions. Across from ABQ Uptown. Location is easy walk to a variety of restaurants and shops.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello George!

Thank you so much for allowing us to be of service to you during your stay and I'm happy to hear we were able to assist you with an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you the next time you're in town.