All reviews full size fridge some tlc longer stay wear and tear parking lot easy access beds were comfortable kitchenette motel fi
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had a handicap accessible room because of my wife's disability. It was large clean and comfortable. It was quiet and met our needs. The only somewhat negative comment is that the dining/desk chairs were very uncomfortable. The chairs were more of a "bar" height than a desk or table height and it was difficult to work for any length of time. One extra plus was that the free wi-fi allowed you to connect more than one device, so you could have your laptop, phone and wife's iPad connected all at the same time with good speed. All in all we were well pleased.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jerre L, Reputation Management at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback. Thanks for choosing the Suburban Extended Stay. I'm so glad that all in all you were pleased with your stay. We hope that you'll be back again. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My stay at the Suburban Extended Stay in Albuquerque was very nice. It was a clean property, to the extent I actually saw someone sweeping the parking lot each morning before I left. The lot was also well-lit at night. My room was quiet, and I never heard my neighbors or anyone outside, even though the hotel was usually pretty full. The staff I met were all very friendly, from the front desk people to the maintenance and housekeeping staff.

The room I was in was spacious and efficient, and wasted no space. Plenty of cabinet storage for anything someone staying longer might bring. The kitchen also had everything I needed to make pretty much anything I wanted to - utensils, cookware, etc.

If I were to criticize a few areas, it would be that the bed wasn't the most comfortable I had ever slept on, the speed bumps in the parking lot were a little annoying, and it looked to me like all the light fixtures used incandescent lighting. I actually much prefer the light incandescent bulbs cast to LED lights, which I just can't get used to, but would think that from an economic standpoint, the hotel could save quite a bit of money switching every room over to CFL or LED. Either way, certainly not a deal breaker, just a little surprising.

The pros far outweigh the cons at this hotel, however, especially compared to Albuquerque's other Suburban Extended Stay, which I stayed at last year. I'm not even sure this one costs that much more, if any. Whatever the difference, it's worth it - this Suburban Extended Stay wins hands down! It's a great place to stay, and if I'm lucky enough to visit Albuquerque again in the future, I will definitely be checking in here first!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

It was really nice reading your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate all of your detailed feedback. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you'll be able to visit us again in the future on your next visit to Albuquerque, NM.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We found the room very comfortable for the price. The guy at the front desk was super nice. Our room smelled like cigarettes even though it was a no smoking room but once i ran the fan it wasn't noticeable. You do get what you pay for. The walls a bit paper thin. Carpet should be replaced with laminate. A couple of arguments in the parking lot and cigarette burns on the counter (of the no smoking room) It's a big place. Layout was good and it was nice to be able to cook dinner. We stayed three nights.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jerre L, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hello and thank you for your feedback. In regards to the smoking smell in your room. Please accept my sincere apology and if you are not completely satisfied with your room please request another from the front desk management. We want your stay to be up to your expectations and hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We’ve been here for a few weeks waiting to move into our house. I chose this over another hotel with cheaper rates because it seemed like it was a little higher quality. What a mistake! I should’ve just saved my money. They room itself is comfortable enough, but it smells like cigarettes even though it’s non-smoking. But the noise! Plumbing clanking around at night – it has to be heard to believe how loud it is! The walls are thin and you hear every conversation in your neighbors’ rooms and in the parking lot. And next door, there’s a store where an alarm goes off at all hours, sometimes for hours at a time. When we talked to the folks at the front desk, they said there was nothing they could do. There is something you can do, however – avoid this hotel! If all you need is a roof over your head and a heater to keep from freezing to death, this might be enough. But if you want a place to sleep – which seems like it’s the basic point of a hotel – look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B_MTUF
Jerre L, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

I'm very sorry for your unpleasant stay with our hotel. Did you request another room elsewhere within the hotel? My suggestion is to speak with the manager not the front desk and find out if there is something that could have been done.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I stay at this property every time I come to town. This time was the first stay that I had issues with the room. The issues were corrected right away but the room itself needs some updating. It is starting to show wear and tear and the carpet is quite dirty. The staff is very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your hotel rating and feedback. We look forward to your next stay with our hotel The Suburban Hotel Albuquerque NM.