Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
Agoda.comUS$399
eDreamsUS$399
All reviews city creek temple square great location salt lake downtown area starbucks convention lobby palace slc valet
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2021

When I arrived the check in line was long and Grace and Brendon made me feel as if I was their only customer. Their professionalism and care are impressive. Great service, great place, great food. I will be back

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kane Kennedy, General Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021

Good afternoon Ina B, thank you for staying with us and completing a review. We love the feedback. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 1 September 2021

Walking distance to Temple Square. Connected to the City Creek Shopping Center - lots of stores and restaurants! Transit is there to get you around the city or to the airport!. I would highly recommend staying at the Marriott. Plus rooms are super clean and comfortable. We were on the south side of the building and there was music playing and it was quite loud. I called the front desk and they offered to move us. I just put my earplugs in and it was all great!

Date of stay: August 2021
Kane Kennedy, General Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Good afternoon jsittig54, thank you for staying with us and completing a review. We appreciate the feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. You are correct about all the things to do around the hotel and how easy it is to get around the city. I'm sorry about the music but am glad you were able to sleep. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

This is a 70s-era Marriott that really shows its age. Exterior is in desperate need of a facelift. As you walk towards the entrance, you're greeted with a slew of missing and broken stone tiles that are supposed to comprise the walkway into the entrance. Mr. Marriott would likely explode over the lack of care. Inside, the lobby area appears to have been renovated a few years ago, but the rooms all scream mid 1990s. Bathrooms are tight. Rooms have tired carpet. TVs are, at least, generously sized. Staff keeps the place clean, but there is a massive need for brighter hallways (and contrary to what "management" has said in previous replies, there ARE ways to raise ceilings in some areas), new entry doors, and a complete overhaul of the rooms themselves. This hotel's one ace in the hole: It's directly across from the Salt Palace, so if you're doing one of the rare conventions these days, you might be able to overlook the physical flaws. Oh, and: A "full service" hotel without any lunch or dinner restaurant - it's there, it's just closed for anything except breakfast. Honestly? Really?

Room tip: Views to the south will be better than those to the north, which overlook roofs and HVAC units.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DenverBrian2
agnes taualo, Guest Services / Front Office at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay.
We hope you'll grant us a future opportunity to host any future travels that will bring your back to our city.

We have shared your feedback with our team as we continue to strive towards excellence.

sincere,

Agnes

Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

Sophia K. at the reception desk has made my stay at the Marriott an enjoyable one! She is so friendly and resourceful!

The associates are wonderful! Always willing to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kane Kennedy, General Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Good afternoon 49ojas, thank you for staying with us and completing a review. We appreciate the feedback. I am glad that Sophia had such a positive influence on your stay. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

The hotel is nice and clean. It's a perfect distance to all sorts of things downtown. I asked the person at the front desk if they had any rooms available with a view, and Sophia K. instead got me the highest floor, with an amazing view, and I have a balcony!!! Definitely makes the business trip much easier. She's the best!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kane Kennedy, General Manager at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Good morning ssoulard10, thank you for staying with us and completing your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments about Sophia, she is great. Have a wonderful week.