“Top notch”

Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Natchez
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner. Raw oysters were awesome, large and delicious, hubby says. I had fried green tomatoes and they were good. The grilled shrimp and the friend shrimp were fabulous. Great meal , will be back if in the area.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (996)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

She was very nice , made sure we got all our food and drinks , and overall just excellent . I recommend her if you got roux 61 . 5 star .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everything we tried was delicious. Tried the shrimp and alligator cheese cake. The best thing I have ever tasted. Then fried catfish - perfect and not fishy and finally crawfish etouffee.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After being warned by locals that a long wait would be in order if we decided to go to Roux 61 on Saturday between 5 and 6 PM. So warned, we stopped anyway on our return from Baton Rouge. Signed in with the hostess at 5:42 and were told to expect a 45 minute wait. Finally, we were called to be seated at 7:02. I ordered the Shrimp and Aligator Cheesecake appetizer which was served very qiickly and was the end of anything puntual with this dining experience. 40 minutes later, our waitress kept stopping by the table to inform us it would be out soon. At approximately 8:10 I asked to speak to the manager and some 10 minutes later she showed up at the table with food in hand. I told her if she had been tere 5 minutes sooner, I would have simply cancelled the order. I asked for the food to be put into to go containers which we took back to the hotel where we were staying in Natchez. The manager did "discount" the food which was a nice gesture, but seeing tables of people that came in after we did being served their food while we were still being told "your food is on the way" resulted in this being one of the worst restaurant experiences in my memory. The food lived up to its reputation, but after the aggravation of the 3 hour stop at Roux 61, I doubt if I shall ever return.

1  Thank 542williama
Reviewed 16 May 2021

Very good food, service and cleanliness. Oysters Diablo were amazing, salad was fresh and shrimp/ catfish combo great. Portions were perfect as was the settings.