All reviews manor house tennis courts spa facilities main restaurant golf club round of golf ground coffee summer house outdoor pool steam room underfloor heating the main house beautiful grounds great facilities health club hole golf course junior suite
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

WOW what a hotel , went for a spa weekend as a birthday treat from family , massage, pedicure , facial , sauna, steam room , swimming , jacuzzi, natural pool, afternoon tea, dinner , breakfast, bedrooms lovely and big , wifi , free tea/coffee in rooms, bathrooms very spacious , the list goes on , if any mr wants to take their lady somewhere special this is the place , grounds are great for a stroll , oh and don't forget the golf courses
10 out of 10

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review, it is so pleasing to see that we have exceeded your expectations in pretty much every area, the team will be overwhelmed.

And yes "WOW", we have a great Resort, with much investment by our private family owners and it is a pleasure to work with my team training and working towards offering guests such a great experience

Thank you again for your kind review and I hope you will be returning soon

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Beautiful hotel beautiful grounds beautiful rooms. We went for a romantic break. We ate in the major restaurant My husbands food was wonderful. But I am a vegetarian and all my choice was a selection of potatoes for £16. So don't eat in this restaurant if you are a vegetarian

Room Tip: All rooms looked super
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and especially loved the grounds and your bedroom, in regards to your other point we have a wide variety of Vegetarian dishes and in fact only week we had a meeting to discuss further enlarging the menu and adding a gluten free menu also, so I am sorry you were disappointing with your meal, but obviously delighted that your Husbands meal was wonderful

Feel free to keep in contact so you will be sure to keep updated on our new menu options.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

My wife and I stayed at Foxhills for a night in early November as a romantic break away from the kids with the Grandparents on babysitting duty!

We live about 30 minutes away and went for a dinner, bed and breakfast deal for about £240.

We had a lovely stay. The main hotel building is very picturesque, with a great old school bar which is fantastic for enjoying a drink in. Our room was not in the main hotel, but in a separate building a minute away which is where the GB road cycling team stayed during the Olympics. We actually stayed in the same room where Lizzie Armistead stayed which was pretty cool.

The room was modern and spacious with a lovely balcony overlooking the golf course and woods. Nice bathroom with white company toiletries.

The spa is fantastic, lovely pool, sauna, steam room, outdoor hot tub. There was an outside pool as well which would be great in summer.

We had dinner at the Manor Restaurant and went for the tasting menu at £55 each which was good. Restaurant was quite atmospheric but we were in a smaller side section which was not quite as impressive. The hotel had lots of other great facilities including three golf courses and walks around the woods, tennis and a youth club!

Overall a really nice high quality break. Definitely more suited to couples then families, kids under 16 are not allowed to use the spa area. Only reason I did not give 5 stars is because it is expensive, our total bill came to £320 which is a lot for one night but worth it for a special splurge.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review, and I delighted you had a enjoyable and relaxing experience with us.

As you will have seen we are a resort and rooms are dotted around the estate, your room which was in Lyne House is now quiet famous because of the riders who staying with us in 2012, and everyone wants to stay in those rooms!.

Children have a completely separate area in the resort and adults can enjoy the Spa, child free, so families can enjoy the youth club facilities which include 2 pools, 1 indoor and 1 outdoor without worrying other guests and members

I am glad you enjoyed the tasting menu, our premier menu, I think you will agree it is well worth the money.

See you very soon and thank you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We only stayed one night (thankfully) and we had an awful experience. The place is a sprawling resort, so most rooms aren't in the main house but in one of a number of ugly brick buildings a fair trek from the car park. We had a "superior double" and paid £240 b&b, although I'm not sure what was superior about it, as it was just a bog standard, soulless room, with a shabby bathroom. We were awakened at around 2.30am by noisy next-door neighbours talking and singing, followed by their child screaming and crying and banging around. This continued on and off until eventually at 4.40am I phoned reception to complain. I couldn't get back to sleep after that, and around 8am the noise started up again. To be fair to the neighbours; the sound-proofing in the room was totally inadequate, as we could hear them talking even at a normal level, so perhaps we wouldn't have been woken if there was proper sound insulation. When we checked out we asked to speak to the duty manager, Mark Thewlis, who was very defensive and unapologetic and offered us a 10% discount. Really? So, essentially, he thought our horrendous stay wasn't worth £240, but was worth £216. We declined his generous offer and asked to speak to the general manager, Jason Adams, who happened to be away, but were told he'd contact us. Today I had a phone call from Cathy, Jason's PA, who has to be one of the worst customer relations staff I've ever dealt with (with an air of authority way above her pay grade). She basically informed me that the general manager is in agreement with the duty manager, and is only prepared to offer us a 10% discount. The fact that he can't even be bothered to contact me himself speaks volumes about his lack of professionalism. No matter, we won't be returning and, hopefully, our experience may benefit others who read this review and decide against visiting.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HighMaintenance_10
FoxhillsSurrey, General Manager at Foxhills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Dear Guest

I am very sorry for the stress this has caused, but I am sure you will understand other guests noise is not the fault of Foxhills and beyond our control until we are aware, and we can deal with it appropriately. If you were awoken by other guests at 2.30am you should have phoned the night team immediately so the matter could have been dealt with professionally and swiftly in minutes. We received your call at 4.43am, over 2 hours after the alleged noise disturbance, to which we then immediately inspected and heard nothing, and this was explained to you at the time, so I am really not sure why you were asking Mark Thewlis my Operations Manager for a full refund for your stay.

As you know the hotel was full and the early morning team were fully aware of your complaint, and all rooms in the vicinity of the noise were purposely asked upon checkout if they had slept well, and all said they had. This was confirmed again by Mark who located himself at reception to deal with any "noise" issues for departing guests. This is where you met him to discuss the issues you had.

I am sorry you had a disappointing stay but as you will see from the other reviews below and since your review, all our guests are very happy giving us a rating of 4 or 5 stars and I am confident if the noise had been been reported at 2.30, you would have had wonderful nights sleep.

On a final note, I am sorry I was not here personally to see you on departure, but following an investigation I believe my team handled the situation with total professionalism and I am sorry you did not get the answers you wanted from them, but we all feel that Foxhills is not at fault

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

We have recently just stayed here for 2 nights. I can honestly say From start to finish everything was perfect. The staff where amazing, the room was gorgeous and the food was impeccable. On one evening we had the 6 course taster menu and every single dish was incredible. The breakfast is also delightful. This is one of the nicest hotels we have been too and we will definitely be returning soon.

Thank you so much Foxhills.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted you had a "perfect" stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Having spoken to some members of the team about your review, they are overwhelmed, its a real motivator to get such comments from our guests, so thank you.