Hotels.com
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
2,206 results
All reviews national park mesa verde dining room private balcony the cliff long drive rooms are small mini fridge grand canyon lounge cafeteria lodging kiva miles deck tour sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Be prepared. They sell you the best rooms but put you in the downgraded rooms and you dont know untill you get to the room. I called and asked what happened to my reservation for two queen beds. The response; "We don't have any left, you can call in the morning and someone will help you with your issue." As if someone will get me what I reserved the day after my reservation.

The tiles are loose in the bathroom, the stench from the toilets is horrible. The toilet vents are either not working or not present. The walls are not insulated (it's like the people in the rooms next to you are in the room with you).

The registry staff do not wear masks but they insist you do. It seems they are trained to lie and be deceitful.

Totally disappointed with the rude condescending behavior of the staff and the willingness to decieve.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank inspctr13
Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

Yes the property isn’t perfect, but our balcony room was far from being a pig sty as a previous poster reported. There was a little dust in the bathroom but no dirt to be seen.

The coffee makers for the rooms hadn’t arrived yet but luckily I travel with one. Otherwise they had coffee available. The room came with a fridge, no TV or microwave, but having stayed at many national parks over the years, this was no surprise or major inconvenience.

The bathroom and especially the shower are tiny, the walls are paper thin (why we travel with a sound machine), the WiFi was out for a short time both mornings but worked well otherwise. It was an hour wait both nights for our takeout dinners, a 2nd restaurant is really needed.

The bed was super comfortable and our balcony views were gorgeous! Being able to stay conveniently inside the park in comfort was important to us. Cortez may offer more choices but the winding steep drive back and forth to the park wouldn’t be worth it for me.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cruising-along
Reviewed 3 May 2021

This place is a filthy dump. When we checked in to our room the floor was caked with dirt, grime and filth. It looked like it hadn’t been mopped in years. We tried to clean the floor as best we could using disinfecting wipes. See photo. Unfortunately, what this floor needed was a mop and a pale and bulldozer to get all the dirt off. A switch plate was missing from one of the outlets. See photo. The cold water on our sink was not working and we had to call maintenance to repair this. We later found the shower’s hot and cold water was reversed.

Check-in itself was slow and inefficient. It took 15 minutes to get checked in even though there was no one in line in front of me and everything was booked months in advance. When we checked in, we tried to make reservations for the only restaurant open. They were keeping reservations manually in a book and I noticed the front desk clerk didn’t write anything down. Before leaving, I confirmed with her again reservations for dinner at 6:30. Shortly after arriving at the pig stye they called a room we got a call from the front desk. Our 6:30 reservation was now at 7:15.

When we showed up at 7:15 we waited 30 minutes before our table was ready. Once we ordered, we waited, and waited, and waited some more before any food arrived. The waiter was indifferent. Two couples around us got up and left because it took them so long to be served.

On returning to the room there were more fun surprises. The room is tiny. It’s literally the size of a cabin on an economy cruise ship. The bathroom and shower are also tiny. The walls in the room are so paper thin you could hear a mouse fart in the next room. We listened in as our neighbors had a conversation with their grandchildren.

The next morning, the coffee station in the main building had no cream, milk or creamer. The ice machine was not working. If you wanted ice you had to get it from the kitchen staff though they don’t tell you this. The internet (which was slow as molasses on a cold day when it was working) was out in the morning.

I have traveled extensively and have stayed in over a dozen national park lodges. This place is by far the worst I’ve seen. The location saves you about an hour drive from Cortez but location is about the only thing this place has going for it. It was so bad we checked out early and did not stay the two nights we originally booked.

What Aramark advertises is beyond misleading or false advertising. It’s fraud. The room simply doesn’t match anything on their website. See photos. It’s sad that the National Park Service lets them use such a magnificent national park to rip-off the public.

I felt bad for the manager, Josh. He has outstanding customer service skills and clearly wanted things to be right. Sadly, Aramark has thrown him to the wolves in giving him a substandard property to manage and not giving him enough staff to run it properly.

3  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 6 January 2021

There is nothing better than staying inside a National Park when visiting one. Far View Lodge did not disappoint ! I loved the beautiful views, the peaceful feeling of being in the nature with very few people around while having the comfort of a room, and also the delicious food at the restaurant !

Room tip: rooms with a view are best
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank manon-nctx
Reviewed 21 November 2020

We visited Mesa Verde Park & were lucky to find a room here. It's definitely older lodgings. I think they must be in the process of doing some upgrades. Our friends were a couple of doors down & their room looked Totally different than ours! (Not as big). I wish we'd gotten a room up the hill from the offices because there was road noise. Food at the restaurant was amazing!!!

Date of stay: September 2020