“The good and the meh”

Get food delivered
Ranked #506 of 1,643 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 June 2022

I was perplexed with the ratings for this place as some were very complementary and some were unhappy - and I now understand why. I got the Hor Mok Gai and the Massaman Curry. I tried the Hor Mok Gai and it was amazing. A very unique dish that was savory, tasty, and full of vegetables and great chicken. I was blown away. Then I tried the Massaman curry and understood why some diners were unhappy. The carrots were clearly frozen vegetables and the portion size seemed small for the price. I was already planning to add some stir fry veggies I already made to the massaman to have as a large lunch for the next day and I'm glad I did. Adding my own vegetables made the dish a lot better. I think using fresh carrots instead of frozen would've gone a long way to make it better.
I ordered online and picked up in the restaurant. The staff member was very polite and the interior was nice. The food tipped over in my car and none of it spilled so I know they did a great job packaging it.

Date of visit: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 5 March 2022

The good was that they were one of the few Richmond Thai Restaurants which offered duck and the Thai iced tea was the least expensive around. Too sweet was the Chicken Rama curry and too salty was the Crispy duck sauce. The broccoli and green beans were under cooked. Meh.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Saturday night after a few freezing days it was nice for a takeout meal...

The fancy pictures at their website of Drunken noodles w/shrimp, Kao Pad Karie (stir fried rice w/beef) massaman curry w/beef that we couldn’t resist and....unfortunately what we received it is how we call it the “kitchen sink”.

All three meals prepared with the same vegetables (crinkled carrots, beans, peas from the frozen bag) and I still cannot understand the chunks of tomatoes that was part of these meals!!! I still have a big question in my head...WHY?

It looked poorly made by adding the frozen veggies to make it up for the meal! It was not appetizing at all...I will suggest to find a different local place in the area where actually the curry and pad Kee mao taste like one!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 8 January 2020

We were attending a funeral nearby and FOUND this JEWEL: the FOOD came prepared so FRESH and HOT and YES "DELICIOUS" the Thai wings are now a FAV, so krispy, had the lettuce wraps......LOVED as well and we both got a soup
mine was ginger/tofu in coconut mllk with lemon - YUM and hubs got one with
shrimp/mushrooms and a bit of spice WE LOVED it all, and service was great..

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

Great place! From the first steps felt very neat and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I ordered Drunken noodles with pork very tasty. Also had Sathay Chicken very tender and delicious. Overall the food was prepared with decent attention to details. Definitely will come back again!

Date of visit: March 2019