“Wheelchair Friendly due to Ramp Access”

Amigo's Family Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #530 of 1,611 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 20 October 2019

The restaurant is wheelchair friendly in that the entrance is flat until you enter the establishment and see that the dining area is up some stairs. However, they have installed a metal ramp so wheelchairs can gain access albeit it was very steep. I don’t know how a power chair would do on it or even a scooter because it is so steep and so close to the door of the entrance.

The restaurant's parking lot is off of Caskie Street and it does have handicap spots with grids.

As for the handicap women’s restroom stall, it is more long than wide, so scooters and power chairs might find it difficult.

The seating is a combination of booths and tables with movable chairs and the aisles were wide enough for a wheelchair to pass without asking people to move.

The wait staff will bring the traditional basket of tortilla chips with two types of sauce; red salsa and ranch dressing. The ranch dressing was surprising and something I had not experienced before at a Mexican restaurant.

The meals we ordered were average in that the red sauce on the enchilada and tamale were bland and lacking in spices. The taco and tostada were crunchy but again the contents were just okay in that they didn’t have any special salsa or toppings; just lettuce and cheese. I was curious about the Menudo on the menu but they did not allow just a cup and so I will return to try it out another time.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 16 May 2019 via mobile

This is a pretty typical local Mexican restaurant. The food was reasonably priced, service was quick and the taste was good.

If you are looking for a reliable Mexican dinner this is a good spot.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We popped in for lunch on a Sunday. All found their meals acceptable. I liked the white sauce for the tortilla chips in addition to salsa.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I’m a lover of white sauce and not many Mexican restaurants put it on the table. We always have the white sauce, salsa & queso dip on the table. I love their fajitas and the carnitas tali Tisa is excellent. Nice portions, excellent prices and good service. I love this little hide away.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife & I took advantage of a discount coupon last night. Nice interior, well-attired servers, nice breadth of choices on the menu, good service & good food. However, without the discount, we felt the prices for food were a little high compared to other Mexican restaurants in the greater RVA area, which may not have the same ambience, but we are not interested in paying for ambience other than cleanliness.

Date of visit: March 2018