“Good food, quick service ”

Amigo's Family Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #530 of 1,611 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 16 May 2019 via mobile

This is a pretty typical local Mexican restaurant. The food was reasonably priced, service was quick and the taste was good.

If you are looking for a reliable Mexican dinner this is a good spot.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We popped in for lunch on a Sunday. All found their meals acceptable. I liked the white sauce for the tortilla chips in addition to salsa.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I’m a lover of white sauce and not many Mexican restaurants put it on the table. We always have the white sauce, salsa & queso dip on the table. I love their fajitas and the carnitas tali Tisa is excellent. Nice portions, excellent prices and good service. I love this little hide away.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife & I took advantage of a discount coupon last night. Nice interior, well-attired servers, nice breadth of choices on the menu, good service & good food. However, without the discount, we felt the prices for food were a little high compared to other Mexican restaurants in the greater RVA area, which may not have the same ambience, but we are not interested in paying for ambience other than cleanliness.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had lunch here. It's a big place, I guess fairly new. It's easy to find, at the corner of Staple Mills Rd (Hwy 33) and Highway 250 (Broad St). There is plenty of parking, and the traffic light there makes for easy in and out. The restaurant is nicely decorated, they've even painted the usually ugly ceiling tiles so they look nice. Service is friendly and quick. They came with some sort of ranch dip along with the chips, as well as the usual salsa. The salsa would be the only thing I would complain about, it didn't have a lot of flavor. My husband and I each ordered the chori-pollo, him the dinner size and me the lunch portion. They both seemed to be about the same size. Both were very good. The refried beans that came with the meal were served in a little bowl made from a fried tortilla, kind of a fun idea which shows they try to make things nice. They had a nice bar area too. Definitely a place I would reccomend for those who like good Mexican food.

Date of visit: August 2017