Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$132
ZenHotels.comUS$132
TripadvisorUS$132
Vio.com
1,535 results
All reviews art bar the river east tower museum of science great hotel a river view room indoor pool parking garage boston mall concierge charles uber starbucks proximity harvard
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2022 via mobile

We always have a great experience here. It’s so nice to be right on the river (for the view, of course- but also to have a peaceful spot in the city). This trip was great. We happened to be celebrating a birthday and was given a free upgrade to a river view room before we even mentioned the celebration. Saquan was great! He also gave us free meal cards for the restaurant and was just so nice and informative. We will definitely be back as this is our go-to spot in Boston and we hope to see Saquan again when we arrive!

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2022

I enjoyed a wonderful week stay for work at the Royal Sonesta Boston. Jaquan was exceptional at the reception, helping to ensure I had an amazing stay. The gym was large and clean and I enjoyed a Peloton ride. The pool was perfect. My room had an incredible view. The bed was super comfortable. The location is super convenient with great walking and running routes around. Perfect place to stay when in Boston/Cambridge.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2022

Good location but not what it once was. If the hotel only provides room cleaning every 3 to 4 days, they should advise you of that on check-in and also the procedure for requesting cleaning (24 hours notice) and how to get clean dry towels. And if they only provide shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in big refillable containers in the shower, which I think is great for reducing plastic, they should check to make sure the containers are not empty. In addition, the room clearly needed a dusting and cleaning, and maybe I’m asking too much, but I don’t appreciate finding what appear to be bloodstains on the cover of one of the beds, especially if I’m paying over $300 per night. The pool was nice, and the hotel was around the corner from the Museum of Science so the little ones were happy, but that said, there weren’t many options for breakfast.

Reviewed 24 October 2022

The weekend of the Head of the Charles, a local Rowing Crew event, I booked a very special room at the Royal Sonesta in Boston. It's a corner room with an entire wall of windows, a beautiful view, and even upscale bathroom facilities. I booked in early October, and was able to book this SPECIFIC room for it's qualities so I could enjoy the racing event.

When I arrived promptly at the 3pm check in time, I was first told housekeeping hadn't finished, and I should check back in half an hour. I did that little circle twice, being told each time housekeeping wasn't done. Then I got someone else to look into it, and was informed all rooms of the type I ordered were occupied because those patrons had decided to "extend their stay". They were allowed to extend their stay OVER my booking apparently, and I was given the choice to take a lesser room or pound sand.

Being in a city away from home, and being told they sold your room out from under you while you stand there with bags and plans, it doesn't leave you with any options. I took "not the room I booked", and made the best of it. I'm not going back though. I did not make a scene or get upset with the staff who clearly had no power either in this situation. The blame lay with Royal Sonesta corporate.

It's not possible to make plans for lodging with a company that is so disinclined to honor their end of the bargain. I'm tired of companies taking advantage of patrons in this way, because if I had a choice I would have demanded a full refund and just gone home. Unfortunately, that is almost never a real option for travelers, so they stick it to patrons knowing there is no recourse besides a bad review they will just ignore.

Room tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
Reviewed 23 October 2022 via mobile

Check in terribly understaffed People trying to be helpful
First room had a stained and dirty carpet. But we got in late and stayed the night. Our kids room was in the other tower?

Bathroom on river view king was small like an airplane. Bathroom door was paper thin.
Towels were hard and abrasive.
In the gym you have to pay for water. Really? One peloton bike for two towers

Moved rooms second day and got to room and there was garbage in it and the towels were on floor and dirty. Turns out people checked out early but it wasn’t a turned over clean room. For 400 plus a night this place is lame. Definitely won’t be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family