Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2020 via mobile

When we were on our way to Selja Hotel, were informed that quarantine rules had changed. Result: visitors to Iceland were massively cancelling their holidays. So we received a call from Selja Hotel to make sure we were coming as we would be the only guests left. We confirmed and asked if we could still have dinner at the hotel.
This was confirmed and in the evening we were heartily welcomed by the hotel manager, who also cooked us a dinner.
It was a strange experience, to have a hotel for ourselves, and we had a great time.
Rooms were brand new, breakfast was great. It was a very good experience!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2019

This was one of my favorite stays during my 9 days in Iceland. I love the location. It's a little off the main road, down a gravel road, sitting all by itself. But what a view all around, plus probably the best breakfast I had in Iceland. It convenient to many attractions and would be a great base to explore the area. I only stayed one night as my schedule had me moving every day but would happily stay here again.

Reviewed 13 October 2019

My travel partner and I rented a camper van to drive around Iceland, but we felt that we wanted to spend a night or two in hotels to avoid using campgrounds to shower. I used my hotel rewards free night to book this hotel, and I am very glad I did. The hotel is near Seljalandsfoss waterfall and it was very modern, comfortable, and clean. There was excellent free WiFi through out and plenty of free parking. The tasty breakfast buffet provided a few hot items as well as the standard Icelandic hotel breakfast. I had a delicious arctic char dinner at the small restaurant in the reception area at the hotel. The restaurant has a very limited menu which is understandable but provided enough choices for most palates. The hosts (maybe owners) provided friendly service and were onsite the whole visit. The room itself was good size with very nice bedding provided however the mattresses were a bit firm. The bathroom was very clean and modern, but a bit small. The room had a nice picture window, and our room faced west and we were pleasantly surprised with the wonderful sunset view. Because we arrived at dark, we didn’t realize there was such a wonderful mountain view on the other side. But when we left the hotel, we took a left out of the parking lot and journeyed to visit some very close by waterfalls not usually mentioned in the guide books, they were well worth the visit. Next time I am in Iceland, I will stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms on the left side offer sunset views. The rooms on the right provide mountain views.
Reviewed 13 September 2019

We stayed here two nights and had a wonderful experience. Smallish hotel, but fantastic rooms and amenities. Great breakfasts, and a small selection of choices for an evening meal in the hotel (all great though). Owners were friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend if you are looking for peace and quiet and a great quality hotel. This is a few minutes down an unpaved road (as were all the other hotels!) so you will either need a 4x4 or drive slowly in a conventional car - well worth it though

Reviewed 22 August 2019

We stayed in the hotel on our way from the Westman Islands. Very convenient and beautiful location. Looks like an Icelandic farmhouse from the outside but lovely, new, and modern on the inside. Rooms were comfortable and quiet.

Date of stay: August 2019