“I thought I didn't like clam chowder.”
Review of Pike Place Chowder

Pike Place Chowder
Ranked #24 of 4,454 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Seattle's Pike Place Chowder cafe opened in 2003, offering up award-winning New England Clam Chowder as its signature dish, and continuing to develop original recipes that have taken first-place in dozens of coast-to- coast competitions. A second chowder house, launched in 2007 in the Pacific Place Shopping Center, offers an expanded menu including fish ‘n chips, po’boys and premium beers. The business draws thousands of visitors from around the globe and is listed among the Top Ten Must-Visit Seattle Eateries in dozens of food-and- travel media.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I don't like clam chowder it makes me nausea so I don't eat it but I was on a tasting tour and they gave us clam chowder to sample so I didn't want to be rude so I thought I would take one bite to be polite and be done with it,but that didn't happen. I actually liked it ,the clam chowder was great.I ate the entire sample and was ready for more,WHAAT!!.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,600)

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Had a 4 sampler chowder. Each one more delicious than the next. Clam chowder, Market chowder, Scallop chowder and Bisque! Half a Dungeness Crab roll was more than enough to satisfy this seafood lover!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stopped here, stood in line, couldn't have one of our three people sit at a table while the other two picked up the food as they don't allow you to sit down until you have food and there are very few tables. So, stand in the alley and eat your chowder. The chowder was good but no better than anywhere else, and expensive. Definitely not worth standing in line for. $23 for a tiny lobster roll, who are you kidding.

1  Thank ivanhoe
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Its not my idea of the best chowder you can get, but it is a very nice cup of chowder if you enjoy seafood.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

It was a long wait to get inside to place our order, but it was worth it. We split a seafood chowder, and it was so good! It isn’t the kind of food we normally eat, because it is extremely rich, but it was incredibly enjoyable.

Been to Pike Place Chowder? Share your experiences!