All reviews space needle denny park hot tub whole foods free breakfast walking distance waffle maker yogurt make your own waffles seattle center minute walk would stay again parking fee close to downtown beds were comfortable front desk staff pike place market
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

If you can get this hotel for under $180 and you don't care about staying in a nice place, then this could be OK.
As soon as we walked in, I could tell this hotel was not as described. The paint on the walls is old, its gold and paint is peeled. The place looks uncared for. The carpet is very old. Worse yet, they tried a bait and switch routine on me, saying the first night was going to be over $450, with the second night far less and the third night far less, with an "average" cost of $317 a night! We knew we weren't staying more than one night as the place was completely unacceptable. Fortunately I had an email that stated my rate at $317 per night, so the next morning after some back and forth, where they again tried to show me that I'd agreed to the high first night rate, I
prevailed because I had the email evidence.
A few more comments: as soon as we stepped out of elevator on 4th floor, the smell was overwhelming....musty, gross. The room was small with old carpet and a loud air conditioner. The sound from the road was loud all night, especially with sirens. The TV was a computer monitor that was distorted.
We were so happy to get out of there and we went on to a very nice place, a 4 star hotel for less per night.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank idyllwildgirl
Cody A, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Idyllwildgirl,

It is regrettable that you did not enjoy your stay here. Your input is taken seriously and will assist us in providing all of our guests with the best possible experience. This is certainly not the type of experience we would want for you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I was travelling all through the northwest and this was the most expensive one I stayed at and the most disappointing. The room smelt really bad and so did the lobby. We were told we will get a top floor room as it is the most quiet yet we had a aircon unit outside buzzing all night. The curtains were ripped so we couldn’t close them. The staff were very good and the location is very central for many of the sights. Breakfast room was interesting and not sure why we are using plastic cutlery and paper plates, we are not on camp! I would suggest looking at other options.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BillyK1980

BillyK1980,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel. The shout out about our staff and location are appreciated. We’ll use your feedback to continue to provide the best possible stay for our guests and I will advise housekeeping of the smell so we will prevent our future guests from the same encounter. As well as the kitchen options. I hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider The Loyal Inn as your choice for lodging accommodations. Safe travels!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I must say that I was a bit worried after booking this and then reading the reviews. But the Loyal Inn was perfectly fit for our needs. The location is fantastic - just outside the downtown (15 min walk from Westlake Station, where the train from/to airport stops), close to the main attractions (15-20 min to Pike Market, 10 min to the Space Needle), close to a nice green park. A lots of restaurants close by in Belltown (5-10 min walk). The area seemed always very safe (also at night). You can also park your car in front of the hotel and during night for a reasonable fee.
There is a lot of construction work around (as everywhere in Seattle), but we did no hear anything during our stay.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Sure - a bit of old Best Western style. But very clean and well equipped. The airco was quite noisy - we did not use it at all so it did not really disturb us. The bed was huge and comfortable.

The breakfast is not spectacular but is included and it is good enough to start the day - you can even make your own waffles and fresh fruit is also available. Coffee and cookies are available at reception throughout the day.

The service is very good - the reception guys always make you feel welcome and put an effort to help you with the questions. This certainly compensates for the "older" look the hotel might have. You even get the Seattle Times delivered for free at your door every morning!

Considering the very good price compared to other hotels in Seattle, we found this an excellent choice and we would happily stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Cody A, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Tetra29,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave such a kind, yet positive and informative review of your stay. Although we can't take too much credit for the location of our hotel, we're very conveniently located for guest to walk or drive in such minimal time to get to the local stores, restaurants, and attractions our city has to offer. We have a great staff here. Whether it being the front desk agents providing information or fresh baked cookies or housekeeping staying on top of our cleanliness throughout the hotel and in our rooms... we definitely work together to provide the best for our guests. And with all the competition in the city, it's our honor to provide a complimentary breakfast, affordable parking, and reasonable rates for everyone wanting to visit and stay in our crazy city. On behalf of the staff, I'd like to thank you for allowing us to serve you and invite you back the next time in Seattle. Until then, we wish you safe and happy traveling.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Seattle is an expensive place for hotels! The Loyal is close to everything, good price, clean, comfortable bed and reasonable breakfast. The staff were uniformly pleasant and efficient. It is never going to win awards for decor but I found it quite acceptable as a place to stay for a few days as a solo woman traveller. Also it's very close to terrific Whole Foods outlet where I went for takeout.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sydneyacademic
Cody A, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Sydneyacademic,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback and shout out about our complimentary breakfast and comfortable beds. We may be an older hotel, but that doesn't stop us from providing an old school charm hoping everyone feels safe and comfortable with us. Here at The Loyal Inn, we strive to deliver great customer service and cleanliness, so we appreciate you for acknowledging that. Although we're conveniently located and only minutes of walking away from the greater portion of downtown... being that we're close to it all, it's regrettable that all of our guest have to experience the noise from the traffic and construction. Trust me, it's something I wish I had total control over. But just in case, we do offer ear plugs for our sensitive sleepers and do our best to position them in a quieter room. On behalf of everyone here at The Loyal Inn, I do thank you for choosing to stay with us and invite you back the next time you're in Seattle. Until then, we wish you safe and happy travels!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Immediately upon walking in the front door of the establishment, hit in the face with smell of mold. Hallway & room reeked of mold/mildew as well.
Front desk associate extremely rude to a gal from the cleaning crew that was asking a question .. treating co-workers like that is simply unacceptable to me.
Will not stay here again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank kristineryan
Cody A, Front Office Manager at The Loyal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Kristineryan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while here in Seattle. It's regrettable that you witnessed something like that while waiting to be checked in. Being rude and disrespectful to our guests and within our staffing team isn't something we tolerate here at our hotel, so this will be addressed directly. Despite this encounter, I do hope you were able to enjoy your stay while her in Seattle and was able to accomplish everything on your to-do list. We do hope you give us another chance to serve you and allow us to deliver the customer service you deserve. Thank you again and we wish you safe and happy traveling!