“A Michelin-starred Experience!”

Sun, 26/09
20:00
Ranked #462 of 4,186 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$5 - US$48
Description: Charlotte Restaurant & Lounge is located on the 16th floor of Lotte Hotel Seattle and offers a panoramic view of Elliott Bay and downtown Seattle. A culinary experience featuring contemporary Pacific Northwest cuisine.
Reviewed 22 April 2021

The best meal I’ve had in Seattle since moving here in 2017, and the best meal anywhere since visiting Lyon & Dijon that same year. Great setting. Great service. Sublime cooking. I’ve grown weary of professional restaurant reviewers touting yet another sticky tabled noodle house as some sort of grand culinary experience. Charlotte goes back to the days of creativity and execution I remember from my years living in San Francisco in the late 80’s and early 90’s – days of Jeremiah Tower & Alice Waters fast-forwarded 30 years.

Setting – you’re on the 15th floor of F5 Tower, with essentially half (or more) of the floor dedicated to the lounge & restaurant. The lounge has all these wonderful, well-spaced seating areas with an east and north view, essentially of other downtown buildings. The bar splits the lounge from the restaurant, which faces west towards the Sound. Tables are well spaced (suspect they’d be so even w/o Covid) and most have a great view out towards the water.

Service – highly polished. Attentive w/o being intrusive. Highly professional and very friendly. Able to describe ingredients and preparations when asked. Top notch.

Lounge – wonderful selection of cocktails (and hard liquors, should you have a favorite bourbon or gin). Asian inspired. The guy who mixed up my two cocktails was, in my mind, not a bartender but a mixologist. For those who know Anvil (Houston) or Williams & Graham (Denver), that’s what we’re talking – creative combinations; unique mix of sweet/sour/bitter; excellent preparation. True artists at work here. Oh, and did I mention the smoked whitefish nibbles with homemade potato chips – this was truly out of this world, and got me excited about the rest of the meal.

Dinner – Wagyu beef tartare was wonderfully done. The dollops of kale aioli conjured what it might have been like to have been the steer who gave his life for the dish munching on grass in a wide-open field. A very generous portion, with homemade kale chips serving as the ‘toast chips’ for the tartare. My Chilean sea bass might have been even better – it came plated with a lovely set of accompaniments, including fern cuttings, fava beans and radish. All the flavors go so well together, while being special in their own right. Like the cocktail list, the food is Asian influenced (though with a light and subtle hand). In Europe, the tartare and sea bass entrée would easily be worthy of one Michelin star (if not 2)! Great selection of wines by the bottle or glass, as well as beers, ciders and non-alcoholic options. Finished with a Banana Souffle with Espresso Gelato & Chocolate Sauce – Yum!

I came away very impressed. I also liked the somewhat casual/relaxed vibe – though the food & service is world class, you don’t get a stuffy ‘tuxedoed waiters and white tablecloth’ vibe from the restaurant.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

Incredible food, drinks and service in the heart of downtown Seattle on the 16th floor. Favorites were the Waygu Tartar and the Sleepless in Seattle cocktail!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 9 November 2020

Had lunch for the first time at the Charlotte Restaurant and Lounge last week. They have a beautiful view, the tables are comfortably spaced far apart, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. The King Salmon and Cobb Salads were both very good and were presented beautifully. The wait staff was incredibly warm and welcoming, and we definitely felt like we were VIP's. The servers always checked in on us at the appropriate time, and I will definitely be taking clients here for lunch again!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 29 October 2020

To start, my party and I shared the Pure Country Pork Belly, Hama Hama Oyster Ceviche, and Raclette Agnolotti. All were absolutely divine, but would absolutely insist that anyone visiting Charlotte try the pork belly. I had the Halibut for my main dish. It was perfectly buttery and the black truffle and lingonberry were an amazing combination.

The ambience of the lounge, with its exquisite interior design and panorama views of the city, is unlike any fine-dining experience I've had. Our server was kind and personable, and had suggestions for each of my party's different tastes.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Not from the area I found this place on maps, service was fantastic, food presentation was immaculate. My starter did not sit right with me and the waitress too it off the bill, the Sea-bass was lush. Highly recommended if in Seattle.

Date of visit: October 2020