Silver Cloud Inn - Seattle Lake Union
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ballard(Seattle)
  • Room Service
1,525 results
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicea lake view roomfree breakfastspace needleduke's chowder housebreakfast roommake your own wafflesacross the streetfrench doorsyogurtsecure parkingpool and hot tubrestaurants within walking distanceclose to downtownhotel shuttlewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a one night stay via priceline for a very decent price for a Seattle hotel so close to everything, especially considering parking AND breakfast were included. We arrived on Saturday at 3pm. Check in was easy and fast. Parking garage is secure but has fairly tight spots. Inquired at check in about getting a lake view room and was offered to pay $80 to be upgraded to a suite. I opted not to upgrade simply because we were only staying one night and wouldn't be in the room much anyways. We stayed in room 430 with two queen beds and a hid-a-bed and a street view. AC in the room worked quite well. Room was good sized and clean. Mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot tucked away. Hairdryer, iron and ironing board provided.

We used the free shuttle service Saturday afternoon. Driver was prompt and friendly. You do need to call down or secure the shuttle at least 15min prior to when you want to leave. Only complaint I had was the limited service the shuttle provided. They only have THREE drop off/pick up locations (Seattle center, Pike place market and Pioneer Square). And they stop offering the shuttle pretty early for a weekend (10:30pm was last pick up I believe). We were headed to the stadium for a baseball game so Pioneer Square was the closest we could get then had to walk the rest of the way. Not a bad walk at all... but I'm not sure how i'd feel if I were alone needing to walk back in the dark to the pick up spot like the lady taking the shuttle with us. Game ran over so we ended up calling an uber back.

Beds must of been comfy because we slept through the night and late into the morning. Thank goodness for the LATE check out time they have (another nice perk). We got up just in time to get to their breakfast. Fairly typical hotel breakfast with various fruits, muffins, bagels, toast, hot cereal,sausage, eggs, coffee, juice, yogurt and waffle bar. Eggs were scrambled and nice and fluffy. Sausage links were tasty and the waffles you had your choice of making cinnamon or regular. You could top them with berries and whip cream, add chocolate chips and/or maple syrup. View of the lake from the third floor eating area was also a nice way to start the day. Indoor or outdoor seating provided.

Check out easy and the $20 hold on my card was revered with out issue.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scrapperjill
Matthew J, Manager at Silver Cloud Inn - Seattle Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Wow, and thank you Scrapperjill, We really appreciate the kind words and detailed review. Word of mouth is huge in our industry as well as social media. I know we strive to make everyone of our guests feel special. All it really takes is communication and a genuine passion to serve. Silver Cloud's motto is "Friendliness and Cleanliness' and that is probably the two most important cornerstones in this industry. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and if there is anything else we may do for you, just let us know. Take care and again, we thank you.

Jason M.
Asst GM
Silver Cloud- Lake Union

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited for 4 nights on business and I was impressed with the attention to detail and the great service. The free parking, complimentary shuttle service and appetizers and drinks on Tuesday was an added bonus! I will def stay again when I visit Seattle with my family. The room I stayed in had French doors that opened with a spectacular view of Lake Union and the Space Needle! Thank you for all that made my stay pleasant, I wish I could remember your names!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to let us know we are hitting the mark. Seattle has become a huge market for travel and our goal is to be exactly what our guests need. We look forward to serving you for many years to come. Feel free to reach out to our staff with any special requests. Have a great weekend and again, we thank you.

Jason M
Asst. GM
Silver Cloud- Lake Union

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, a really good hotel for the money.
The pros:
They offer breakfast and parking included in the room rate. Breakfast was pretty good. I would have liked some cut fruit options (melon, pineapple). There was a waffle bar, along with scrambled eggs (meh), potatoes, breakfast sausage, and a different egg dish each day (e.g., burritos, quiche). There were also pastries, toast, and oatmeal. You should be able to find something you like. Parking was in a connected garage that was not too crowded. No trouble finding a place to park when I was there.
They also offer a free shuttle to the popular tourist sites: Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square. I only used it once this trip, but it's a nice service.

The cons (really pretty minor, overall):
Continuing the trend of hotels putting the sink outside the bathroom, this one has put it right inside the door of the room. It's the first thing you see when you walk in. Don't be standing there in your undies when your spouse opens the door to go in or out in the morning!
The TV was absolutely enormous, but the picture was really not very good. I'd rather have a smaller TV with a better picture quality. I turned it on once, and never again.
The light on the desk was kind of dim, and the lights on either side of the bed were too harsh and bright.

I would stay here again, but perhaps not when I'm on business travel. It was a challenge to get back to the hotel in the evenings because of Seattle traffic. There is nothing the hotel can do about that, but it's something I have to take into consideration.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it allows us to focus on some areas we can improve on. Going forward we are looking to renovate our lobby area which will include a restaurant and bar for our guests to enjoy. We look forward to serving you again. Please feel free to contact us directly so we may take care of any requests you may have.

Jason M.
Asst. GM
Silver Cloud-Lake Union

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location, location, location is nothing without a good breakfast to start your day! In addition to the wonderful free fare, and a conveniently timed window for enjoying it, the spaces provided to eat and reflect (if desired) are welcoming, welcoming, welcoming. There is the main area, then over by the "Waffle Station" there is a living room set-up with a built-in bookcase along the wall which holds titles worthy of perusal. The there is both a covered patio space and an outdoor patio space, and if you prefer a counter set-up, there is one of those too! Yes, the beds and pillows are comfortable, etc. BUT, the highlight was that the most important meal of the day was respected and well-represented, and provided a great start to the day!

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet. If you would like a beautiful view of Lake Union, then you will need to request it.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Wynn57
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 3 days while touring Seattle. Found this hotel to be clean, comfortable, and perfect for our needs. The free shuttle worked out well for us and the breakfast was wonderful. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple