All reviews space needle pancake machine room was clean free breakfast aurora avenue minute walk front desk staff within walking distance indoor pool the breakfast area few blocks other attractions alaskan cruise top floor yogurt close to downtown shuttle service
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Location was a little out of the way, especially for walking with smaller children. Space and appointments in the room were satisfactory, but we were met with a very unpleasant smell upon entering the room. An odor that never went away despite leaving windows open when it was unseasonably cool. A suspect wet-looking spot on the carpet added to the borderline-gross ambiance. We were only staying two nights and options were limited so we just kept the windows opened and avoided the spot on the carpet. I did report the odor and spot to the front desk but it was unclear if they attempted to remedy the situation.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Meghan M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Hello Meghan M,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. I am sorry that you found the smell and cleanliness of the room below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will serve as an encouragement, as we continuously strive to improve the quality of services offered to our guests.

Once more, thanks for leaving your thoughts and despite some setbacks, I hope you give the hotel another chance to welcome you back soon.

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. We were very happy with the choice. Easy walking distance to Pike Place and the piers. (20 to 25 minutes). About 10 minute walk to the Seattle Center/Space Needle etc. The breakfast was good if a little basic. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cris E
LindsayH1870, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Hi Cris E,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at our Hotel! We are so happy to hear that liked our location, and that you enjoyed your time in Seattle.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Brice L

Reviewed 7 October 2018

A friendly welcome and acknowledgement of my membership of the HI reward scheme. Our room was large with a queen size bed, a small sofa and a table and chair in an alcove, as well as an easy chair in the main part. There was a small sink by the microwave and fridge plus a coffee maker. There was also a large tv,, an ironing board, iron, hairdryer and a/c.
There was plenty of drawer space as well.
The bathroom was large with a shower over the bath and surprisingly the sink was outside in the main bedroom.
We had a couple of small problems though. On arriving in our room the tv didn't work and the maintenance man took the handset away but the front desk then rang to say the spare part was locked in the managers office and couldn't be opened until morning. However an hour later the maintenance man came back with a new handset. Also one of the lights in the alcove did not work and that took 2 days to finally fix.
Breakfast was typical HI Express with plenty of choice but no toaster! When I asked one of the kitchen helpers if one was available I was just told No! On the 3rd morning one appeared. The first morning we went down at 7.00am (still on UK time) and everything was fine but on the 2nd morning at 8.00am was very busy, there weren't enough tables and the food kept running out.
We had a good view of the Space Needle but also overlooked a busy and noisy main road so I would recommend asking for a room at the back although the views not good.
The hotel is well situated for the Space Needle, monorail to the city centre and restaurants.
Overall a reasonable hotel but could be better.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David G

Hi David G,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review of your stay. I'm sorry that you happened to stay with us during Toaster-Gate! One went out unexpectedly and it's replacement was a lemon! I'm going to use your review as a perfect example of how a few small things can begin to add up with my team during our next meeting.

Brice L.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Typical Holiday Inn Express. Reasonable price and within walking distance of several tourist sites. Good selection of breakfast. The only negative we experienced was the WiFi connection, which was slim to none.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank TravelinFam3
LindsayH1870, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Hi TravelingFam3,

I'm sorry to hear about the poor internet connection. I wonder if you were connected to next door's WiFi causing the poor connection. Because of all hotels I've worked at, we get the fewest calls about issues with the WiFi! Maybe we can test this theory during your next stay!

Brice L

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

So it’s a bit complicated to get here because the other holiday inn is literally in the same lot of land. Anyway, this holiday inn is on a busy street. But my room faced the other side so I did not hear any street traffic.

The ladies checking us in were nice and our room was ready early. They answered all of my touristy questions. There is a Walgreens about 2 blocks down. There is a subways and McDonald another block or two. And we are at a nearby Thai restaurant. And the monorail, space needle and the chiluly glass exhibit were just 10 minute walk. Great location!!

Our room was a bit small and the bathroom was clean need updating. And there was a wet rag dirty smell in the bathroom when we first walked in. The beds were comfy and the room overall was fine.

The breakfast was good. Lots of choices like eggs, omelette, oatmeal, sausages, bacon, bagels, fruits and yogurt. Tons to eat.

Also unlike other hotels where they charge $40-$45/day, the price of parking is $21/day. And the overall price oh our stay was resemble compared to other hotels in Seattle. Would come back.

1  Thank NYCSunshine42

Hi NYCSundhine42,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, however it looks like we could have done better with some things.

Lindsay H