“The Crab!!!”

Woadie's South East Seafood
Ranked #3 of 6 Quick Bites in Skagway
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Description: Woadie's South East Seafood resembles what being an Alaskan is all about; being outside, eating fresh seafood and being around great people. Here at Woadie's we serve a variety of locally caught fish, crab and shrimp, we fly in fresh oysters from Kake, Alaska and did I mention the King Crab from the Bering Sea!! This stuff is truly delicious. Wild Alaskan Catch was recently purchased by Kyle Rush, a 25 year old veteran of the US Navy that is currently attending business school at the University of Victoria in British Columbia. Kyle grew up in the small neighboring city of Haines, Alaska with his mother, Tammie Rush and two older sister Jennifer and Kimberly Chambers. The word Woadie is an old slang term meaning great, trust worthy friend, it was introduced by close friend Nick Walker who was stationed with Kyle overseas. Woadie became a word that would in many ways define a large group of friends who became much more like family through the years. Kyle felt it was important to instill this idea of comradery, comfort and friend ship in his business. "The purchase of this business wouldn't have been possible without the amazing support from my girlfriend Brittany, close friend Orion, mother, father and many others. That kind of support and unity is what I hope to represent my company"
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I choose the Kıng Crab at each place I vısıt and thıs was by far the best and best price.
I also fell ın love wıth the crab soup. The owner saıd they have some huge plans to grow, I hope to return.

Date of visit: May 2020
Write a reviewReviews (134)

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

A must stop if you are in the Skagway area. An absolute fabulous meal had at Woadies. The King Crab legs are like dinosaur size and was cooked to absolute perfection. My husband had the halibut fish and chips which was equally incredible. The fish was not overwhelmed by a thick batter. Instead it was tender fresh and juicy inside. Also had to try the crab bisque. Yum yum!! Especially as it was a bit cooler outside so it warmed me up fast.
Was great to eat true Alaskan Seafood owned by a local.
Thank you Kyle, Rich and Lucy for a great tasty fun experience. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 18 September 2019

Cute shack to eat at in Skagway. Had the king crab legs and dungeoness crab bisque. The bisque was so delicious. I loved it. Will definitely go back when I’m in town. Owner was very accommodating and sweet.

Reviewed 15 September 2019

We were only here for a day so wanted to try something that we could not get at home (Ireland) we asked a local where was the best place for this and they along with our tour guide recommended woadies. They said it’s kind of like a good truck but it’s the best sea food so we said we would give it a try. They also recommend the rock fish. As we had never heard of this let alone try it we decided to give it a go. Oh my god hands down it was so good I would honestly have gone back for more if the portions where not so huge.
Lovely staff kind of off the beaten track but not far from the Main Street definitely worth looking out for.

Reviewed 14 September 2019

We had the king crab legs and the bisque. Both were delicious. The price was very reasonable. Would definitely recommend this place.