“Harley and Woadie's Seafood”

Woadie's South East Seafood
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Skagway
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Description: Woadie's South East Seafood resembles what being an Alaskan is all about; being outside, eating fresh seafood and being around great people. Here at Woadie's we serve a variety of locally caught fish, crab and shrimp, we fly in fresh oysters from Kake, Alaska and did I mention the King Crab from the Bering Sea!! This stuff is truly delicious. Wild Alaskan Catch was recently purchased by Kyle Rush, a 25 year old veteran of the US Navy that is currently attending business school at the University of Victoria in British Columbia. Kyle grew up in the small neighboring city of Haines, Alaska with his mother, Tammie Rush and two older sister Jennifer and Kimberly Chambers. The word Woadie is an old slang term meaning great, trust worthy friend, it was introduced by close friend Nick Walker who was stationed with Kyle overseas. Woadie became a word that would in many ways define a large group of friends who became much more like family through the years. Kyle felt it was important to instill this idea of comradery, comfort and friend ship in his business. "The purchase of this business wouldn't have been possible without the amazing support from my girlfriend Brittany, close friend Orion, mother, father and many others. That kind of support and unity is what I hope to represent my company"
Reviewed 31 May 2018

On vacation I stopped in to the Harley Davidson shop in Skagway to pick up a shirt, we were looking for a place for lunch and the shop owner recommended "Woadie's"! So we headed over to try the place out, we ordered one order of Halibut just to try it out, it was so good we ordered a second, then some Rockfish, before you know it . . . . we were eating crab!! Nice outdoor seating, food was fresh and priced accordingly, staff was GREAT! Kyle is a young entrepreneur who is off to a great start and Rich and Lucy great staff, keep up the good work there!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Off the main drag and definitely worth looking for. The Halibut fish and chips was awesome. The two young guys working there were a lot of fun to talk to. Fantastic view sitting outside at a picnic table enjoying lunch. This place was recommended to us by a local shop owner, glad it was.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Summary: Go to this place. Chat with the guys who run it. Eat their delicious fish.

We were lucky to walk by the day before they opened for the season and the young guy who owns this place struck up a very friendly conversation with us. Later, we asked our hotel about good restaurants and she mentioned Woadie's (unprompted), so obviously we returned the following evening for some really tasty food: I had the halibut fish and chips and my colleague had the king crab. I am not always a huge fan of fish and chips, but this was just right. Fresh fish, perfectly breaded (such a nice flavor and texture to the breading), and served with irresistible well-salted french fries. My friend's king crab made her whole day—she said she had never had crab this good.

To top it off, both the owner and the young guy helping cook were friendly and fun. We have had a lot of "okay" food on our work trip through southeast Alaska, and this rose way above "fine." Nothing in this state is inexpensive, but the prices here seemed totally comparable with the other restaurants we've been going to, and the quality makes the price very reasonable.

We only wish we could come back before our 8am ferry tomorrow!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing, we had a blast sitting on the deck eating crab and our own beer.

The owners were a blast to talk to and he helped us plan our day. Really cool kid that owns it

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Great spot for delicious locally caught Halibut and Salmon. Every time that I’ve gone I’ve had fast, friendly service and the food has been great. Love the late night service as well.