All reviews boutique hotel top floor wonderful view interior design tiny room ate here dining room is quirky touches charm garden sea brittany gps signs church
Reviewed 14 June 2018

This hotel is in a residential area. Parking is an issue. There is a small court right in front of the hotel. But you cannot leave if the cars of other guests are parked right in front of you and the owner(s) cannot be located.

Also, given the narrowness of the parking area, you do need to expect doors of other cars getting in touch with yours. So, rather take that shabby car of yours or a rental...

Another problem:
Windows in the public areas are always being left wide open. So, there are a lot of mosquitoes around that bother you at night. Not my idea of a relaxing time…

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The only good thing about this hotel was the external charm of the building. It went downhill from there, from the moment of check in. The biggest issues were, tiny room, no elevator and high floors, coldness and lack of caring of host, and expensive and not included breakfast.
On check in, the owner did not even acknowledge me, and barely even stopped chatting with a friend after more than 5 minutes of me waiting to check in. Finally she just gave me the key and said, top floor. We had clearly stated on the reservation that we had a baby and booked for 2 adults and 1 child, but the room they gave us was unbelievably small. I've stayed in some tiny rooms, but this one took the cake. The room itself could barely fit the double bed. Top floor, tiny circular staircase walk-up, with no offer of assistance from the owner while my husband and I made 3 trips to carry our suitcases, baby and other items up. The bathroom? !!! open, no door, no wall, and the sink constantly stopped up. Even for a married couple it was uncomfortable...
Also, the parking! they advertise parking, but they only have spots for about 3 cars and the rest just have to hope there is a space for parking down the hill by a church, where a couple weird people were sleeping in a van for the 2 nights we were there. It just didn't feel safe and surely wasn't as advertised. The hotel is very hard to find on GPS, maps and by city signage, so make sure you have plenty of time to spend driving in several circles the way the signs send you. I see there is a pool shown on a photo on tripadvisor, I don't believe there was a pool when we visited, it certainly isn't offered to guests during the stay, or at least wasn't to us. Finally, the breakfast. The photo of the breakfast room is why we booked this hotel. And that is where the nice part ends. The food was actually good, but the breakfast is not included (Although I am sure it was reported to be included when we booked the room). and it was astronomically priced! Of course they don't mention any price to you until you are paying at the end of your stay - I think it was 19 Euros per person per day! That is insane for quality/type of food/hotell!!
I was so frustratingly disappointed by this hotel. It was not at all what it claimed to be, and it was basically a very pricey low end hotel. I would certainly not go back and would caution you against wasting your money here too. There are a lot nicer, more convenient hotels in Douarnenez and the surrounding area.

Room tip: Walk up, no elevator, top floor TINY rooms and no wall for "bathroom"
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We only ate here in April as we were staying locally. It was a shame there were no other diners as the food was extremely good.obviously a lot of time and effort had gone into the preparation of our lamb which was one of he best I have ever tasted and my wife agreed!wines were reasonable too.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We loved this place!!! Stayed in Room 11 and we had magnificent views out to the sea. It was quiet, charming, and in a great location. We could take long walks alongside the sea and into the town. The food was terrific and the dining room is surrounded by glass looking out to all of the beautiful trees. It is a really special place and I highly recommend it!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I love this charming family run hotel.
The whole hotel reflects the naturalness of the seaside. The rooms are clean, comfortable nicely decorated and well appointed . SErvice is efficient, personal and friendly. Windows look out on the sea.
There is a strong emphasis on nature. The food in the restaurant is very bio and fresh (farm to table) with consideration for all diets but above all on taste. Delicious!
This little garden is charming. Visit the little church on the way to the beach just a two minute walk down the hill or walk around the headland to the port of Le Treboul.
This is a hotel to enjoy and where you can refresh your jaded spirit.

Room tip: I have had a different room each time I stayed here and enjoyed them all
Date of stay: June 2017