“Friendly french mainly fish restaurant at the quay, great food, nice staff!”
Review of Le Bord'Eau

Le Bord'Eau
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Douarnenez
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a nice fish restaurant at the old port for lunch, where parking in practice is only possible at the free Parking Central, near the market (Halles), less than 1 km from the quay side where many fish restaurant are located. After some waiting saw someone leaving, so could park there, then walked to the quay until we came upon some restaurants.
The roadside menu of this restaurant looked most promising, so we went in at 11:55 and were told service would start within 10 minutes. The proprietress in the mean time having changed into her professional attire took our orders, while her husband, the chef, went into the kitchen to do his thing.
The chef's specialty, a large cooking pot full of boiled seafood (lots of mussels, large gambas, St. Jacques scallops) seasoned with herbs and butter my wife had was a great success, I had a less spectacular monkfish in red wine sauce. The very young and friendly lone waiter was very efficient. All in all a very satisfactory lunch. Warmly recommended!

1  Thank Haje1946_11

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous restaurant! We stumbled across this eatery by chance and what a gem it was. My partner goes as far to say it is the best meal he has ever had. We both ate from the set menus. Prices range from 14-50 euros depending on which menu you choose. Goats cheese salad for starter was so tasty and fresh. The bavette for main was melt in mouth which is difficult for this cut of meat and then to finish the ice cream encrusted in chocolate was just to die for (23 Euro menu) My boyfriend had 9 oysters starter, rump steak..cooked to perfection with a cheese board to finish. (29 Euro menu) we really can't rate this place high enough. The two waiters were tentative but not intrusive. The restaurant has beautiful views over the port. The food was fresh and appeared tone cooked to order. We weren't rushed and enjoyed the atmosphere of this little gem.

3  Thank chippaz1987
Reviewed 18 January 2017

The restaurant faces thé bay, a great view and the cooking is just delicious! If you want to be sure to get A perfect meal, go to Le Bord'Eau!

3  Thank tonel477
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

While Douarnenez in Brittany is no longer a centre for the sardine industry as it once was, there is still some canning activity to remind people of its former status. But what really attracts me to this historic port is the restaurant Le Bord'eau on the seafront of the port of Rosmeur (on the eastern side). Over the years I have enjoyed some great meals there - always choosing seafood I must admit. A few weeks ago I visited again with a friend and the meal lived up to my expectation. We started by sharing a dozen oysters and both followed up with a fish dish - as good as you can get in my opinion. While I couldn't manage a desert my friend opted for the profiteroles which looked and tasted fantastic and we both followed up with coffee. This is a restaurant not to be missed by anyone visiting the area -- you have been warned !

1  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is in a great spot but we found the food, particularly the presentation, somewhat wanting. The starter was reasonably good but the main course was distinctly average. The icecream was very nice but all in all the bill did not truly fit the experience.