All reviews cakes beautiful hotel infinity pool beach restaurant hotel tour beach shoes blue team swim up room pine forest every single member of staff sea view krka waterfalls our honeymoon the hotel staff rituals products tap water house wine
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We were welcomed with drinks and cold towels after the 2 hour transfer. Nice touch.
Very quick check in and Whisked to our room within 10 minutes. There were about 5 other families at the same time and this was very efficient!!
Lovely clean large room facing the sea (616) and a massive balcony.
Hotel smells fresh and rooms clean and airy.
Comfy bed and 2 separate quilts which we liked.. a lot!
The food was half board and help yourself service.
Not a great fan of this idea in hotels but I guess it’s the most efficient, we didn’t try the alacarte.
Wine is lovely and local but a little pricy. Good hotels usually charge more so it wasn’t a surprise.
Nice outside bar area with low key entertainment. And nice cocktails.. again expensive.
The beach is private and all pebbles l, we saw no sand in Croatia, beach shoes a must! The sea is so clear too.
Nice beach bar and afternoon cafe.
The hotel is situated close to a promenade where a. Short walk takes you to the harbour alongside many small beach shops and restaurants, the restaurants don’t hassle you for business which is nice.
We walked to Makarska along a track. This took about 2 hours due to heat and taking photos, the Danes say it’s 45 minutes..!
We also went up this track and saw a beautiful sunset that isn’t visible from the hotel due to the mountains.
Lovely hotel and week spent here. Stayed end of May. The weather started rainy on one day, but was beautiful and In The 20/30 by end of week.
Would recommend this hotel for all the above reasons. There Were a few children here during our stay but frankly I imagine they would be bored with the lack of entertainment for them.
Also the history about the hotel is interesting and added to my experience!
Thanks to the staff at TUI Blue Jadran for a great weeks holiday

6  Thank Dawn R
_info_jadran, Inhouse marketing and media guide at TUI BLUE Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Dawn R,

We were very pleased to see that you've liked your welcome, your sea-view room, our bar, the secluded beach next to the hotel, the history behind our renewed house and that you've had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you for sharing your positive experience and giving us your support here on TripAdvisor.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I don’t trust gushy reviews and always try to give a balanced opinion but I have no option than to be very gushy about this hotel.

This hotel is stunning - it is luxurious without being stuffy or pretentious, and spotlessly clean. The rooms are spacious, bright and contemporary with comfy beds, and adjustable air conditioning.

Every single member of staff is a joy and clearly loves their job - always cheery and willing to help. Vladka is a little ray of sunshine and has an inexhaustible knowledge of this historic hotel.

The food is varied and always fresh - the chefs are keen to help (and fatten you up) and the waiters are efficient in ensuring you have what you need.

The bar stocks a varied array of drinks and the barmen are always on hand to offer inspiration if you can’t decide what tipple to try next. Yes - the drinks prices are a bit steep, but you are in a top class hotel so I suppose it goes with the territory.

Both pools are lovely - the top ‘bar’ pool is kept at around 23c, the infinity pool on the lower terrace is slightly cooler at about 18c. Both are spotless and there are plenty of sun beds around them too.

The beach is pebbly and the sea is a crystal clear millpond with barely a ripple, let alone a wave! I definitely recommend buying some beach shoes (about £5 locally) because getting in and out of the sea is tricky and painful without the. Again there are plenty of sun beds but the hotel also provides ‘fatboys’ - awesome huge waterproof beanbags to float about on. They are brilliant!

All in all this is the best hotel we have visited - utterly blissful!

2  Thank MXmum48
_info_jadran, Inhouse marketing and media guide at TUI BLUE Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hello MXmum48,

you must be a true book worm because your vocabulary and phrasing is spotless,
and it is a blissful pleasure to read reviews like yours, especially since this one is packed with
compliments! We are clearly happy to know that you've loved our hotel, it's cleanness, your room,
the food, our bars, the pools and the sea, but we must again emphasise how thrilled we are
that you, together with other TripAdvisor reviewers, were satisfied with the work that our staff does.
Of course we'll forward your kind words to our "ray of sunshine" Vlatka, and we're sure that they'll
make her day.

Thank you again for your beautifully eloquent review,

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed 11 May for a week in a fantastic sea view room on the fourth floor. It was our first visit to Croatia and it exceeded all our expectations.
It was so good I just booked again at the same hotel for October this year.

7  Thank Russell H
_info_jadran, Inhouse marketing and media guide at TUI BLUE Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hello Russell,
you've kept it short and simple and we're thrilled to know that you were so satisfied with your stay that you've already booked a room in our hotel for October. There is not much more to say but see you soon, and thank you for your kind review,

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

This is a newly renovated hotel to an excellent standard.The decor and fittings are a fabulous standard, with safe, tea and coffee facilities and fridge with comprehensive mini bar in room.The choice of food in the restaurant is superb for both breakfast and evening meal. The staff are all highly professional and very friendly.On visiting in May there was an abundance of sunbeds both around the pools and on the beach.The standard of cleanliness is excellent throughout the hotel and surrounding areas.Would highly recommend a sea view room on an upper floor,the views are spectacular.Entertainment was low key but of a very good standard.Only tried the pink cricket beach restaurant once but would most highly recommend the food.Many thanks to all the staff for a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

5  Thank Graham E
_info_jadran, Inhouse marketing and media guide at TUI BLUE Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Graham E,

What a great review title!

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about TUI BLUE Jadran and your recent holiday experiance here on TripAdvisor. We are very glad to know that you've liked the decor in the hotel, your room, the food, the standard of cleanliness, the low key entertainment, our Pink Cricket Beach Bar and the terrific view.

The thing that especially delighted us is the fact that you described our staff as highly professional and very friendly, such feedback always inspires our whole team to strive for even higher levels of customer service each and every day.

Of course we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our hotel some day in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I stayed here with my partner for a week on the 11th May. Room 222 (which was a laugh with the hotel staff). I honestly can not fault this hotel, the room was stunning and over looked the sea. I will sum it up as I usually do.

The Room: Clean and tidy, has air conditioning which worked! It has a mini bar and you can collect ice from a machine at the end of the corridor before entering the room. It has USB chargers which is a great help. It had a small balcony overlooking the sea.

The Food: We went half board and well I would say this is possibly some of the best hotel food I have had! There is plenty of choice even if you are a fussy eater. They cook pork so well and have lots of stations serving fresh dishes. I wasn't so keen on their chicken I found it to be dry and chewy even though all the other meat was cooked perfectly. It had a good selection of desserts and ice cream which was my favourite. Breakfast in the morning had a wide selection too, one thing that is so so good is the bread, it has its own bakery on site making fresh bread and pastries. There was plenty of fruit and cereals as well as cooked options including a omelette station. Tea and coffee are available though one improvement could be made in sorting out the hot water machine. On many occasions the water was not hot and the water from the coffee machine had a funny chlorine taste to it.

The Drinks: Not included in the half board which Is where I would say budget for them. They are not cheap for example a 250ml bottle of coke is 25kuna in our money about £3! A bottle of the cheapest white wine is 160kuna so about £20. I would say you need at least £100 worth of kuna for drinks and thats being cautious of what you spend. There is a local but small supermarket along the promnard which sells a whole 2L of coke for 25kuna if that puts it in perspective. Top tip, they can keep your bottle of wine back for you for another evening for you too drink.

The Hotel Facilities:Very clean and tidy, it has two main pools one of which is heated. It had plenty of sun loungers too. Though we were off the peak season so unsure to how busy it gets but we didn't have a problem getting a spot and there didn't seem to be any of this saving a spot which a towel going on. There is a bar near one of the pools and a very small gym. An improvement would be a games room or something maybe. I would not recommend this hotel to families. There are no facilities for them and think it should probably be an adult only hotel IMO.

The Location: Beautiful setting by the coast but also with the stunning mountains in the background. You can walk to the old town we did not but others did and said it was more than an hour there but you can get a taxi back. It is not in a location which seems to have a lot going on but TUI do offer some great excursions, some better than others. We did a day trip to Dubrovnik, this was okay but it takes 3hrs to get there on a good day and 3hrs to get back and we didn't really have much time in the city then though it is beautiful. The one I can defiantly recommend it the krka waterfalls this trip was amazing and the national park is breathtaking. It is a much shorter bus journey and you visit a town in Sibinik.

The Staff: Here I want to say a massive thankyou to all the staff! Everyone was so lovely and nothing was ever too much. Having friendly, smiley staff makes all the difference. I loved how all the staff could speak many different languages, I only wish I could myself. You all work so hard and seemliest. The arrival was the best I have ever had and even down to the departure and waving us off was a truly special touch. Thankyou!!

Room Tip: 222 was a great room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hannah995
_info_jadran, Inhouse marketing and media guide at TUI BLUE Jadran, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Hannah995,

Wow, that's what we call thorough feedback!
Thank you for your truly detailed review! We are glad to hear that you've liked your room, the food, our facilities and the location of our hotel, but we are especially thrilled to know that you were so satisfied with our staff! We sincerely appreciate your suggestions regarding the possibilities of bettering some of our services and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again in our house in the future!

Best regards and sunny greetings from Tučepi,