12 people have started booking this hotel
Expedia
US$1,780
US$1,780
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$1,320
Hotels.comUS$1,780
Trip.comUS$1,735
Agoda.comUS$1,780
3,604 results
All reviews outdoor shower king's pond palm grove eagle ray cultural center swim up bar ulu restaurant golf course adult pool the big island beach house quiet pool steam room ice water our honeymoon family pool pool service
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2021

The Four Season Resort is a beautiful facility with customer service staffing and top of the line amenities. It was clean and the grounds are fantastic. With a world class golf course and top rated dining, it is a must stay while visiting the Big Island of Hawaii

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Graham Williamson, Other at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2021

Aloha,

Mahalo for giving us such an amazing review! We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we hope to see you again soon in paradise!

Reviewed 19 November 2021 via mobile

This is the most beautiful resort we have ever been to. From the moment you got off the plane and the car service takes your bags we knew we were in good hands with the Four Seasons staff. Attention to every detail is something that comes up when I tell friends about our trip. Everything we needed or asked for was taken care of promptly and with a smiling engaging staff member.

Room - Our room was incredible. It was absolutely beautiful and had everything we needed. Our room had the outdoor shower. We never used the indoor shower! The rooms are large and the closet is amazing! The staff kept our room spotless and gave us bottled water every day!

Property - The property is perfect! I don’t know how they do it but it is absolutely stunning from every angle!

Food - We loved every meal and drink we had at the Beach Tree and ULU! We also loved the room service breakfasts!

Staff - While we were staying at the Four Seasons Hualalai we had the opportunity to meet and speak with many of the staff members. They not only take so much pride in making your time with them special. They are such a joy to be around. Every staff member was extremely professional and attentive! We didn’t want for anything.

Surfing - My husband and I both surf And couldn’t come to Hawaii and not surf. Prior to our visit the Four Seasons recommended Kona Town Surf Adventures. We booked 2 semi-private sessions and loved ever minute! I can’t say how easy it was. We showed up and were handed two waxed boards and within minutes we were in the water. It was safe and fun and It was the perfect set up. By having Matt (our instructor) we didn’t have to worry about where to be or which wave to take! It couldn’t have been any better!

This was a trip of a lifetime for my husband and I and Highly recommend this resort!

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graham Williamson, Other at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2021

Aloha,

Wow, what a touching review! Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience, we will be sure to share this feedback with the fantastic team that makes this magic happen for our guests. From an amazing time at the resort to the great experience you had with our vendor for your off property activity we are grateful you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon in paradise!

Reviewed 16 November 2021

We have had the pleasure to stay at many Four Season hotels in the world. This location is our favorite so far. The whole experience was an 11. It was a special 7 day trip for our 25th anniversary. We returned from our trip completely relaxed and happy.

Spa - 80 minute massages are the way to go. Book as far in advance as you can so you can pick your date and time. They are very busy.
Make sure to book the Manta Ray at night experience. Unbelievable!!
Also, we loved the canoe - nice to get out there on the ocean.
We spent most meals on our own patio - since it was the best view possible. Room service is excellent.
We rented a car for the day and it was wonderful to have it delivered and ready to go. Very easy.
The beach chairs are readily available and the service on the beach was excellent.
Overall - the staff was super accommodating and friendly. A true five star experience.

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank cyfTrips
Graham Williamson, Other at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2021

Aloha,

Wow, what a touching review! Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience, we hold being your favorite in such high regard. We are grateful you chose to stay with us for your anniversary celebration! A very happy 25th Anniversary to you both! It sounds like you both had an unforgettable time around the island & we hope to welcome you folks back soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2021

This place, this place, this place. ah-mazing
From the start where we had four seasons greeters waiting for us and taking out bags to the cab, I knew we were in for a real treat. We initially had issues with our room selection due to the special occasion. After siting around the room waiting for available options we ended up staying in room 401 which is a downstairs room at kings pond. What I like about the kings pond rooms is unlike all the other rooms, kings pond rooms are stepped back from the pool and isnt easily accessible from the outside sitting area. Some people will like it and others won't, but its good to know. Also even though the kings pond is popular it wasn't ever crowded with kids or adults. What also helps is that the snorkeling is only available from 10-4, so a lot of people due the snorkeling and then leave. I'm also bias since we stayed at the kings pond room but the views there are unmatched. During the day we spent most of our days at the adult only pool because of the swimup bar but if you stayed in that section you would see a smallish pool and a nice green area where people can lay on the grass an relax.

Food:
ULU
Its the restaurant for breakfast. Its your basic continental with the option of buffet or ala cart. It was ok, nothing to write home about, but quick tip the egg station makes all different versions of egg styles with add ons so get your scrambled there.

lunch/dinner
the nigiri- amazing
our favorite item ended up being the tomato and avocado salad, perfectly balanced

I had the curry with chicken. It was so-so and the chicken looked like it had no seasoning. She had the puna chicken, it was much better

Beachtree
the pepperoni pizza was ok
So was the brick chicken

Kings pond:
Best burger between the pools

Dinner by the stars:
multiple courses oh amazingness. Everything that was made was just the best thing you'd ever taste, and it had to be because you're paying for it lol. The attention to detail was nice. I used this moment to propose, and it was everything and more. It was to the point that every day after the meal almost everyone at the resort recognized me for proposing lol. If you do it i recommend the band. They play mostly Hawaiian music but i went with the mood perfectly. Our private waiter wen above and beyond, he was just great. For example it was super windy that day and when we took pictures he grabbed our champagne and anything else on the table and put it away so it doesn't blow off or get sand in.
Chef love was amazing. He even came and briefly talked to us at the beach. And every time we went to ULU he would come give us a quick chat before heading back. Great guy, and better chef.

omkase:
I see why there's a waiting list. Look whatever you need to do, just get a reservation. Chef Nuri fantastic. One of the coolest dudes there.

Pools:
We mainly stayed at the kings pong pool and the adult only pool.
Kings pond pool was amazing, Not very big bu you can look down into the kings pond and watch people snorkel or even get glimpses of the sea life. Adding that there are some great seats that aren't just your standard deck lounger with a canopy. There are some great seats that are at the edge of the kings pond where you can really sea the fish. The snorkeling is great if you're a first timer or don't regularly snorkel. The water is very calm and my advice to people who haven't snorkeled before, Have a buddy system and start off on the side closer to the ocean, its not as deep and narrow from end to end. It will help with your confidence to swim to he deeper end and make any mask adjustments . After a couple minuted you"ll forget how deep the pool really is and have an amazing time.

adult only pool:
We probably stayed there until they closed. What sets this pool apart is the on site bar. Were every other pool will have a short wait for the restaurants to make a group of orders and to be transported to the pool area. I cannot remember he bartenders name but he was amazing, to the point that no mater what day i came all I had to do was look at him and he'd have my usual drink order in the works. There was another bartender, he was not great to the point where no one wanted to order drinks because he was so slow.

Room:
great
the outside shower draws you in everytime. It was beautiful, it had a nice touch with the shelf next to the door where you can leave the card keys, very convenient. The window shades look great for the room but weren't practical. They didn't really close all the way so there is light peaking through in the morning. Great for morning people but it you're sleeping in, there will be light. Also the bed was very firm, not as plush like some fs properties. and those pillows can't be the same fs pillows because, just no. Huge tv if you want to turn it on with a nice amount of channels.

Service: Its a fs property, service shouldn't be a question and here it wasn't. everyone was great and made you feel at home. Special shout out to Suzie with the pool staff, i loved her, great personality. I can't remember the black guys name at the kings pond but yes you were right the last episode of "what if" was amazing, thanks for no spoilers. And i want to say i think everyone in the resort the loved the guy who walks around with the macadamia nut and popsicles. He was so nice and remembered conversations you had with him and i felt very genuine.

Only issues:
I want to say Jason who checked us in did everything in his power to make us happy with our room selection. He even personally drove us to each room for us o see. Service top notch. But i will say they did put him in a difficult situation when they gave us a room near the sea shell pool and the hotel not having a lot of available rooms. It was known about the engagement and I thought we wouldn't be put smack dab at kids pool central

I informed them prior to coming to the property that I was getting engaged on the property. Whats waiting for us in our room, a gift with a card saying "congrats on the engagement". Luckily i was first in the room

A major issue I had with the dinner by the stars group was communication. It started with agreeing with the chef consultation time slot. I believe we agreed on 4:30pm. I agreed, informing them my flight lands around 4:00. Since I've never been to the island didn't know if that wasn't enough time but they never said that would be an issue so didn't think twice. Once we get on the property and after the issues with the rooms were handled i see that its past our appointment time. There was no communication on where i go for the consultation or who I talk to. I informed Jason and he told me who to call. I called multiple times and left an email with ZERO reply. The next day which is the day of the dinner I get to the point that i have to have concierge call and leave a voicemail to get any sort of reply. Finally someone calls me and tells me the chef will call me at 3pm. I agree, forgetting i have a massage ending at 3pm. So i call back, no answer. So again i call concierge to tell them to move the time to 3:30pm. That amount of stress i could do without

Sea of candles: $350 for around 30 Walmart candles. I don't know what exactly i expected but that wasn't it.

3  Thank session L
Graham Williamson, Other at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2021

Aloha,

We are absolutely honored you chose to stay with us for your proposal, congratulations! We will be sure to share this feedback with the fantastic team that makes this magic happen time and again for our guests. We very much appreciate you taking the time to give us such a well-rounded review as well as give us room for improvement. We agree - Kings pond is a favorite for us as well. (If we're allowed to have a favorite, that's it) We cant wait to welcome you back soon - maybe for a Hualalai Wedding!

Reviewed 22 October 2021

Loved our time at Hualalai, beautiful property, super friendly staff, couldn’t ask for more. Even with the challenges with covid, being felt everywhere, there was always warmth and friendliness from the Four Seasons team.

1  Thank novakcynthia

Aloha,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, we will pass your sentiments on to our team. Our team is really what make sharing the "Aloha Spirit" with wonderful guests like you possible. We hope we get the chance to extend our ho'okipa to you again sometime.