8,784 results
All reviews carousel bar criollo rooftop pool french quarter royal street bourbon street beautiful hotel rooms are small perfect location old world charm beignets street noise mississippi river jackson square mardi gras valet parking lobby
Reviewed 25 April 2015

The hotel was beautiful and their help was fantastic. The doormen and the bellmen were tops in their class and made it very easy for you get a cab anytime 24/7. The hotel consierge really knew her way around town and new every type of restaurant that I was looking as well as all the points of interest. The wait staff in the restaurant were excellent, very attentive and very knowledgeable of their menu and their wine list. They actually go out of their way to do whatever it takes to make your dining experience their a pleasant one. The menu was a bit pricey but the food was excellent. The rooms were very clean but a bit noisy if you have a front room on Royal Street. The only drawback to my room was the mattress and the pillows. The bed was a king size bed with a very soft and bouncy mattress that was very soft on the side. I felt that I was always fighting to keep from rolling off the bed. The bed had 6 pillows 2 king size and 4 smaller pillows which to me were way too soft and very, very light and thin which made my wife and I very uncomfortable.

Room tip: The Royal Street rooms do have noise from the street even late at night from some of the local single street musicians looking to hustle a dollar or 2.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have passed along your comments to our management team for review. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

We have stayed at the Hotel Monteleone on numerous occasions. Our most recent trip was excellent

When we book our reservation, we usually select a "Preferred" King room. Such rooms differ from the standard rooms in that they are higher up and usually on the back. Such placement means the room is further away from the street noise of the French Quarter. Although the location of the hotel on Royal Street is usually quiet at night, being a little higher up helps make sure there is less noise. This trip we were on the back on the 10th floor. The room was very quiet at night.

Outstanding service began on check in. The front desk was helpful and polite. They noted that we were celebrating a special occasion and gave us an envelope with a nice card and two coupons for drinks in the bar. That was appreciated.

Our room was clean, well kept and comfortable. Although the hotel is one of the older facilities in New Orleans, it is obvious that the management engages in regular upkeep and remodeling.

We had several questions during our stay about items of interest in the city. There was always someone on duty with helpful and complete information. In addition, they were always friendly and encouraging. On one occasions, when we needed to change plans concerning a particular museum, the desk person offered suggestions for similar activities.

The Carousel Bar, just off the main lobby, is one of the traditional attractions of the French Quarter. All visitors must stop in and take a look even if they choose not to have a drink. The decorative Carousel that actually turns is worth seeing. For those that decide to stay for a drink, the drinks are well made. The service, like the rest of the hotel, is also outstanding.

We ate breakfast in the hotel dinning room one morning. The food was properly prepared and excellent. We felt free to substitute grits for the potatoes and there was no problem with that request. Our server that morning was named Lucille. She introduced herself immediately and asked our names. For the rest of the breakfast she spoke to us by name and made sure we had everything we needed. Her kind, helpful service made the breakfast a delight.

The overall décor of the hotel is beautiful. The main lobby is brightly lit and full of marble. Be sure and look through all of the display cases in the lobby and the restaurant. The hotel has a rich literary history and items from the notables are on display.

The location of the hotel is perfect for all visitors. Since it is located in the French Quarter, it is close to all major restaurants and clubs. Since it is very close to the St. Charles Streetcar line, it is convenient to the World War II museum.

As noted, we have stayed at the Hotel Monteleone on multiple visits to New Orleans. We will return to the city and this hotel soon.

Room tip: Seek a "preferred" room on the back and on a "higher" floor. They will be quieter in the evenings.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for this great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback. We hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

We stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms are pretty and we had an upper level floor with view of Mississippi, which I would recommend. Keurig coffeemakers and K cups in room were a huge plus. Beds were great and room was clean. They even gave us nice robes to wear. Carousel Bar was packed every day, we couldn't get in. Swimming pool was kind of dirty and needed chlorine treatment. The location is perfect, one block from Bourbon Street on a quieter street. I highly recommend!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your great review! We hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I am heading back to New Orleans on business early May. I stayed at Hotel Monteleone two years ago. The hotel is unique and very comfortable. This is not your usual cookie cutter hotel so be prepared for lots of old world charm. The bed was supper comfortable and the furniture old world quality. Now what I'm about to say is totally out of character as I am not a believer, BUT my 2nd night of a three night stay included an unwanted guest. I was woken by what felt like a great weight on my chest, I couldn't move as someone or something was holding me down, I struggled and can say with hand on heart that I was awake and not effected by anything illegal. The thing fought back with me for what felt like minutes but was probably 10 seconds. In front of me was what I would say looked like fog but had no smell. The thing disappeared as quickly as it came, I got out of bed, turned the lights on and "nothing". The next morning I spoke with the desk clerk who explained that this happens often but no one is ever hurt. How cool is that. So when you check into this hotel like me you might get someone sharing your room. For me it was initially very frightening, but now I can't wait to go back. Great hotel, great service, and a ghost thrown in for free.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LoveAusHospitality

Thank you so much for this review! Sounds like you had a pretty exciting experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

Lovely swish hotel. I stayed here following the jazz Fest and couldn't really fault it. The carousel bar is worth a visit bar. Food is excellent and I found the staff to be attentive. The hotel is situated for easy access to the French quarter and the business district. Great shopping nearby.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Patricia,
Thank you so much for this review. We are happy to hear you had a pleasurable stay with us!