All reviews smoothie king center king studio omelette bar super dome front desk made to order omelets french quarter valet parking complimentary breakfast uber ride sugar bowl sofa bed great view of the city full kitchen walk in shower rooms are spacious guest rooms
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We popped down to NOLA for an overnight, they upgraded our room to a studio as a surprise. The bathroom had a huge all glass shower, there was a ton of walking space, a sofa, and a kitchenette. Not sure what the cost difference is from King to Small Studio, but if it's not significant having the larger room is well worth the expense.The breakfast lets you order custom omelets and cook fresh waffles in addition to your standard fare of bagels, bacon, egg, french toast, etc. I took advantage of the custom omelet and was shocked at the quality. Hands down this was the best "free" breakfast we've ever encountered.The hotel is only 5 blocks from Bourbon St so you can walk there with little to no effort. It is also far enough away and high enough up from the streets that you will get a solid night's sleep without a bunch of loud music keeping you up (a mistake we made staying in the french quarter right off Bourbon on our last visit). It is also 1/2 block from the Smoothie King Center, and next door to the Superdome so whatever event you're in town for will be within walking distance.The parking garage has a low ceiling so if you have a tall vehicle be aware you may feel claustrophobic parking, or if you have a lifted truck, park elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
MeganC-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House New Orleans / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad to know you had an enjoyable, restful time here at Hyatt House. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located right next to the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. The hotel is located at the 11th floor in an almost empty building. The hotel floor makes noice from the hall to the room. Parking is very inconvenient. Guest must park at another building managed by a different company. I didn’t like the room at all. It doesn’t meet the standard of an Hyatt Place if I compare it to other Hyatt Place I stayed before. The shower water doesn’t go down the drain right away therefore you have to wait a few minutes before the dirty water disappears. Not nice.

Stayed: August 2018
MeganC-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House New Orleans / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Ben, thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are disappointed to know that you did not enjoy our hotel's layout. We would be glad to address the engineering concerns you mention from the room if you would kindly let us know what room number you were in. Rest assured our goal is to ensure all of our guests are satisfied and our eager team would like to assure all inconveniences are handled before you leave us - please feel free to give us a call anytime. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

My stay at the Hyatt House in downtown New Orleans was excellent. Friendly helpful associates at the desk and at the restaurant. Breakfast buffet was a pleasant bonus and they share a pool with the Hyatt Regency.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
MeganC-GM, Manager at Hyatt House New Orleans / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Brian, thank you so much for leaving your feedback for us! We're glad to know you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I stayed here for just one night on 7/31/18 for business reasons. The hotel is was very nice.The price (at least on a Tuesday night) was very reasonable. Rooms are a nice size and modern. Very clean. Breakfast free and the dining area is nice. The business district is a nice area and .7 miles from Canal & Bourbon St. Just a 10-15 minute walk.
Hotel staff was friendly.

I did not give 5 stars because the elevator situation is odd. I was in and out quite a few times and it was confusing especially if you need to go to the upper floors.
Also, waters soaks the floor from the shower. I think it is the design. Nice looking but makes a mess.

I would definitely recommend especially if you are going to the Superdome.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
MeganC-GM, Manager at Hyatt House New Orleans / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your experience. We hope you will come back on your next visit to NOLA.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I initially stayed here for the business district location. I needed a room with space to work and meet. I was surprised at the size and accommodations of their suites for the price. I could not find a better value for what I needed. The

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
MeganC-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House New Orleans / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Bill, thank you for your positive comments! We're happy to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We hope you'll come visit us again soon!