“Stale Chips but Tasty Pizza”
Review of Country Flame

Country Flame
Ranked #643 of 2,105 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

On our last evening, we wanted New Orleans food but Daisy Dukes was closed for a few hours. It was raining and we literally stumbled into this restaurant. They had tables available at 9pm on this Tuesday evening. While waiting for our food, chips were provided. They were not fresh. It was 10pm before our food was served. Surprisingly, my Mexican Pizza actually looked like a pizza and was very tasty. Maybe due to the late hour, our server was not cheerful and smiling but still attentive.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This is a small, quant, old school place, so do not expect anything fancy. Nevertheless, the food is outstanding. Whenever I travel, I always get a Cuban if one is available. This was probably the best I’ve had because of that fantastic pressed P.O. boy bread. The bean and rice were to die for as well.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I'm going to try and be nice... first off we sat down and immediately got attitude from the waitress. I've been told NOLA has great southern hospitality and unfortunately this place gave it a bad wrap. After ordering some drinks that were mediocre at best, we found out that there was NO GUACAMOLE...... is that even possible? We decided to just pay the tab and leave and come to find out, because we "didn't order food" we were charged for the chips and salsa, which is complimentary at every Mexican restaurant I've ever been to.

#sonora

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Somebody had to do it - eat unknown Mexican food in the French Quarter. Besides, you can only eat French sounding food for so long - it was time for some Dos Equis and chips and salsa amigos!

We got seated immediately and had great service - of course we were the only ones in the restaurant, but still, there you have it.

We had some cold beers, chips and salsa, and ordered the taco specials (only $7.95 each - now THAT is a deal in the Quarter). I felt like we were going to get away with a cheap meal - especially since kiddo ordered a chicken quesadilla with a side of black beans and rice.

However, when I got the check I was amiss. The beers were cheap, like $5 each, and for $16 for wifey and I to eat, we were doing good. However, we messed up with kiddos order - $12 for chicken quesadilla and another $8 for the "side" of rice and beans. Oh well, if you eat at a restaurant in the Quarter, you're gonna pay.

The food was good, service was good, but the pricing is confusing. I would definitely eat here again - but I would watch that menu and ordering like a hawk!

Next time tacos all around!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Went with my family. We were the only ones at the restaurant which I found weird but apart from that the food was nice and it was a lot of food that we had to take some of it with us. The chips were amazing and they even gave us some more for the road. The food was also affordable. I would definitely go again and recommend it to a friend.