“Skip the oysters”

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My group and I were so excited to eat at the famous Acme but were disappointed with the oysters and service. I think that this place got so famous/popular that they stopped caring to upkeep the quality of food.

Pros:
- Solid crawfish tails

Cons:
- Our 2 dozen raw and charbroiled oysters were not cleaned well. Every bite I took, my teeth crunched uncomfortably onto bits of sand and debris. Some were not shucked. Worst of all, the raw oysters were not served on ice so oysters were not cold and more room temperature. Cocktail sauce is premixed and tasted weird.
- The restaurant was not even crowded and service was OK. We asked for extra lemons but they never came, and we had to ask for the check twice.

Prefer the clean and refreshing oysters at Mr. Ed's Seafood & Oyster House (and the brighter, less Applebees's-like ambiance) any day!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,931)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here for a quick lunch. The place was packed. It's great for a quick bite. We got in and out quickly and the food was great and cheap. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had to wait in line outside for 30 - 40 minutes. I really wanted to eat here & there were lines every evening so we waited.
The decor was simple - tables covered with oil cloth table cloths. The tables sat 8 or 2 people. There are tv's and it was loud in there. The atmosphere was fun & laid back. I had the 10 napkin po boy & it was great. I had to take half home with me!
The service was good & fast. It's not a restaurant you linger after eating because it can be loud.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was delicious and it was such a fun place! Our waitress was so friendly and efficient. We had to wait outside in line for a few minutes to get a table, but that was fun also visiting with others in line.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

was told by waiter that they serve swai fish and call it catfish. be an informed consumer and ask. the statement also included the shrimp that was NOT all wild caught louisana ,but they charge you LA. price. it is all alleged. you all verify!!

Been to Acme Oyster House? Share your experiences!