4,780 results
All reviews super dome vitascope hall french quarter smoothie king center mercedes benz superdome huge hotel room key convention hotel saints game beautiful hotel hurricane katrina cab ride restaurants and bars attending a conference fitness center corner room business district
Reviewed 20 June 2015

To be honest I had high expectations from the Hyatt hotel. This was my first time staying at one. The service at the New Orleans location was unsatisfactory, and the staff was rude and standoffish. I am disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
2  Thank Omar A
HyattRegencyNola, Director of Guest Satisfaction at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to or exceed your expectations. This is not typical of the service we provide at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. Could you please contact me at mysheka.battiste@hyatt.com to speak more in detail regarding your stay? I look forward to speaking to you in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

For starters - looks like they want to eliminate "people" interaction and want you to do everything online so they can save people costs.. hmmm. I waited 25 minutes at 7:00 PM for a check in. There were over 5 people behind me. The lobby was akin to a fish market. A lot of people but just one person managing the check in.

And to go to the elevators that take you to the room, you need a minor training program. Take the escalators to level two and then take another escalator to level 3. Then walk across the dining area and turn left and you will find a bank of elevators. lovely.. this place needs a GPS to navigate with all your luggage to the elevator. And then you come out and you will not know whether to turn left or right after coming out of the elevator. Assuming you do find the small board that indicates the room numbers, now, you go to the left of the board or to the right. Lug your luggage in the wrong direction and u r done for...Now to open the door, there are instructions given behind the key. The instructions are so microscopically small and in the dim light you need an electron microscope. The door handle was pretty tight. So if you come here with old people, it is going to be an ordeal to get to your room.

The room was very nicely done by Yolanda. (There was a nice card left behind and it was a nice touch). The room was nice, compact and ultra clean. However there was definitely some rattling noise coming once in a while.. did not know from where. To induce white noise I could sleep, I thought of turning the fan in the air conditioner from "auto" to "always on" and realized they have disabled this functionality. The water flow in the sink was pathetically slow. Too environment friendly they want to eliminate paper, people , water, and guests . Water flow in the sink was so slow I could not clean the razor.. I had to literally close the faucet with by thumb to get some pressure.

I did go to the breakfast buffet at 6 AM sharp and was a bit taken aback to find that people were not ready. The buffet was ready by 6:15 only.

I did use the valet car parking and it was nice and quick (but expensive).

I was here for a conference. I would NOT recommend this hotel, even if you stay for a conference. You can get a nice hotel slightly away and just attend the event and leave. This is not good even for conferences. Very confusing to navigate the different halls at different levels.. and then there are levels in between levels....

Room Tip: I do not have any specific reco... choose a room at a higher level and away from elevators
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank willowbrooksam

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectation. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you describe and hope our team adequately responded to your concerns while on site. Feel free to contact me at mysheka.battiste@hyatt.com if our response was inadequate. Thank you as well for staying with us. I know we can do better and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when in New Orleans.

Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

We had a great stay here for a conference. The place has been completely redone and is gorgeous. The rooms were fantastic, and the inner atrium looked so cool. It was like living in something from Star Wars. The restaurants were great, and we even had dinner for almost nothing by ordering a number of dishes off the happy hour menu a couple of nights. The location was good. Close enough by foot to a lot of attractions, but far away enough that we could get a quiet sleep. Great pool and gym facilities too.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank JDOntarioCanada

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our downtown location, our amazing guest rooms and wonderful restaurants. Hope you stay with us next time you are in New Orleans. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 June 2015

We stayed here due to a great deal through Sam;s travel. It isn't real "close to the action," but close enough. We walked everywhere OR took the street car which is directly outside the hotel.
People in other reviews complained about the elevators? We thought they were amazing! What a system! No waiting and you go directly to your floor with hardly any other stops.
Rooms - small but clean and pretty. Everything we needed - coffee pot, fridge, very comfy bed

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GG1230

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our state-of-the-art elevator system. I am so glad we could provide you with a great room with awesome amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency New Orleans during your next visit

Reviewed 16 June 2015

My brother had a convention at this hotel, and I came here just to hang out with him. The hotel is visually stunning, ultra-modern, well positioned downtown to take advantage of all that the city has to offer. Staff is pleasant and helpful, and the place is spotlessly clean. Rooms are comfortable size, and most have views out over the city. Our room overlooks the pool, but most of the view of the city is blocked by high rises. Other rooms I'm sure have better views, but this is not bad. Bed was comfortable, though slightly firm, and I slept well. No problem with noise.
Now for the down side. First the bathroom. The light switch is low on the wall, and hard to find in the dark the first time. After that, no problem. The fixtures are simple elegant chrome, but stiff and sensitive, so it is a bit difficult to get the water the temp you want. The fixture in the tub is simple, and you push a little chrome button under the handle, to get the shower to flow. But then that little button doesn't pop back out, so good luck taking a tub bath. Still, the most irritating thing about the bathroom is that the cabinet that holds the sink is made of reflective chrome, which gives you a nice view of yourself sitting on the toilet, if you wish to look in that direction. Not what most of us want to see. There is no exhaust fan, so the mirror will definitely fog up when you shower.
The single worst thing about this hotel is the elevators, escalators, and stairways. Byzantine. Ridiculously complicated, very hard to find what you want, lots of unwanted extra walking and annoying delays. Elevators are activated by room key or by touch pad, but only certain elevators go to certain floors. Escalators skip entire floors. The Front Desk is even hard to find! I've never seen anything like it.
One last thing, and this is just a small annoyance. The TV has the NFL Network and the Golf Channel, but it does not have the Major League Baseball Network. As an American, visiting the hotel in the summer, I found this a bit hard to take. I realize New Orleans doesn't have a major league team, but how many of the guests at the hotel are from New Orleans? The MLB Channel is bound to be available from the provider for a small additional fee, and this is the Hyatt Freaking Regency. Pony up! Americans love baseball!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends