1,899 results
All reviews bourbon house bourbon street great location french quarter canal st valet parking oysters street cars hotel restaurant hotel staff beds were comfortable garden district alexa nola cvs conference concierge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location for everything that my daughter wanted to do. Hotel staff was wonderful! I was traveling with 4 teenage girls and we had plenty of room to move around. My only negative is that valet parking can be quite hectic. This is not the fault of the hotel as they are located on the corner of Canal and Bourbon. This is a VERY busy intersection and there isn't a lot of extra space in front of the hotel. That being said, the valet staff know what they are doing! Even though I was completely stressed out, I really don't like driving in New Orleans, they were pros with directing the traffic.

Check out time is 11am, but your car can stay a full 24 hours. This is one of the best parts of the hotel. They have a room to check your luggage so we were able to freely explore New Orleans until our valet check out time at 4pm. Thank you for the memorable stay for my daughter's 18th birthday!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
TrishaL224, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lisa D,

Thank you for sharing such a special occasion with us. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations. The hotel team will be very pleased to hear of your compliments! Please do visit us again whether it is a special occasion or just to enjoy the Crescent City. We would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our friends and us stayed for a few days as part of a conference. We shared a large corner living area with a bedroom off of each end. The conference was elsewhere so I have no comments about those facilities here. The front entrance is grand and beautiful.

Let me say that the staff from the front entrance to front desk to room cleaning, were all wonderful and friendly. Our cleaning woman did a great job every day. We did not eat in the restaurant but it was lovely and always busy and we heard from others that it was good there.

The location at the corner of Canal and Bourbon puts you in the middle of the action for sure. The entire French Quarter is walkable from this hotel which is great.

Our rooms were very dark, there is a pronounced lack of natural light due to few and small windows. An interesting construction for sure.

There were no major issues. I would say that given the hotel brand, our bedroom and some of the amenities were underwhelming. My best word would be "tired". I travel a fair bit for work and I stay at many lesser brands that have rooms that are considerably nicer than these are. Nothing seriously wrong but I would say time for some major renos to be done in order to maintain the expected status of the Crowne Plaza brand.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear timwit61,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and location of the hotel. With that being said, we do apologize that the room and hotel amenities were below your expectations. Rest assured that these concerns will be taken into consideration and discussed amongst our management team to ensure that an improvement is made. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give our property another chance in the future should your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I never write a review while staying in the hotel. I just don't. If I have a bad time, I give them every chance to redeem themselves until the very last minute. Not this time.

Where do I begin? I booked this hotel over six weeks ago for a conference. The initial room did not have a view, as we requested, and they were gracious enough to move us to another room. Let me say, if the hotel staff directs you to the tower of rooms on the right, (your right, not theirs), just say no. More about that later. Readers, my loving and patient husband and I can only take vacations that are working vacations. I'm in class, but the classes are in fun places. We splurge because it only happens once a year. So, if I sound like I am complaining for no reason, please understand. Also, if you read my other posts, you will also note that I am more than generous with praise. Moving on.

My next room was on the third floor. I say next room, but this was not the hotel's fault. More about that in a minute. To get to the second room, we had to walk around a corridor, ride up an elevator, walk through a narrow hallway, and then go up stairs to get to the room. My room number was 3344, this is proof of the journey. Walls were that semi-painted brick that seems to be popular. Okay. Whatever. The room was small for the amount of money we paid. No refrigerator, although we did have one brought up. No microwave. Again, Okay.

We stayed in this room from Tuesday until Friday. Comfortable and cozy. If you are a realtor, you know what I mean. I was disappointed in the size for the price, but again, it's New Orleans. Maybe that was appropriate. Until...Let me say from the beginning, I am not from Louisiana. We live here. My husband is from Georgia, but is not a Bulldog fan. On Friday afternoon, four days into our stay, the Bulldog Nation moved into the hotel. Seems like the student delegation was placed on the third floor. We were told by the staff that many of them were placed there. By 8:00pm, we had coeds crying drunk in the hallway, wingmen dragging their friends to the rooms, and total chaos. *Note to self, check the college football schedule before booking rooms.*

Here is where it became a hotel problem. We asked for, and received, a room change. They moved us to the 7th floor. Remember how I said to not take a room to your right hallway? Well, we got moved to the tower on the left! We walked right to the elevators. No hallways. No steps to walk up after the elevators. Oh, did I mention that on the second floor of that tower was a balcony that overlooked Bourbon Street? No? Well, let me mention it. So, I'm in New Orleans, booked my trip six weeks ago, asked for a view, and I got placed in a tower with no Bourbon Street view? It was available because I'm now in it. Again, okay.

My room still has a king-sized bed. It is bigger, not over-painted bricked, has fresh paint, and they brought my fridge with us. Oh, it's quiet. Could sleep before my conference. BTW, I got great pictures from the Bourbon Street view.

Now, let me tell you about the staff. The guys at the door are amazing. If you have a car or Uber, ask for Eric or Kurt. Ask them where to eat, (not where tourists eat, but where they eat). OMG...see my upcoming food reviews and you will know. The staff was great. The hotel needs to pay them more. They were so very friendly. They remembered where we were going and asked about how the trip was when we got back. How do they do that? I wouldn't stay for the housing, but I would stay again for them.

Now, for walking the distance thing, there is a Walgreens on the corner, but walk down another block to the CVS. It's cheaper, (relatively speaking). If you walk out of the hotel and go to the left two blocks, turn left and go to Daisy Dukes. I had a great breakfast there. This was at midnight. Skip Willie's Chicken. Just no. More about that in another post.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again, but not on the right side, (your right, not their's). I paid the same price for the slums as the mansion. The pool was on the other side. The fitness center was on the other side. The balcony was on the other side. WTH did I have to pay the same price? Nah. This is the first time I've ever written in real time. Just that disappointed. Up to you. Just specify which side of the tracks you want to be on.

Room Tip: Do not get the rooms when you turn to the right. I wish I could tell you direction, but you wan the tower with the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Natalie P

Dear Natalie P,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in several areas during your recent stay. We will certainly be bringing all of your concerns to the attention of our entire hotel team to ensure that the issues you have mentioned are rectified immediately. Please know that what you have described is not the exceptional experience which we strive to provide for all guests. On your next trip to New Orleans, please contact us directly and we will ensure that your room is located on the more modern side of the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel, close to Bourbon St and easy access to street car or buses. Location is sketchy, because so many locals hang out on the corner. Overall good stay, and not fairly quiet.

Nice size room, clean and comfortable bed. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Chip L,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its fabulous location. Please do visit us again on your next trip to New Orleans. We would be delighted to have you back with us. Thank you for sharing your review with us. It is appreciated!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

A friend and I were traveling with Holiday Vacations and stayed two nights in Crowne Plaza on Canal Street. It was a very safe feeling hotel and nice and clean. An excellent bed! The hotel hosted our farewell dinner, which was excellent.

Only complaint is they keep the rooms and restaurant so cold with the air conditioning

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Janet L,

Thank you kindly for sharing your review. We are happy that you chose the Astor Crowne Plaza as your vacation spot. We have noted your concerns regarding the temperature of our hotel and will certainly take it into consideration. Please visit us again on your next trip to New Orleans. We would be delighted to have you back with us!