1,935 results
All reviews bourbon house bourbon street great location french quarter canal st valet parking mardi gras alexa nola cvs conference concierge earplugs action trolley garage
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Our company has been staying here for years. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. I have never had any problems with staff. We love their location to all the shopping, restaurants and bars. It is a little expensive but very nice. Has a great restaurant attached. You can walk right onto Bourbon and get a hurricane :)

Reviewed 30 September 2016

The hotel is good, courteous and friendly people. I did think the bathroom was small and the shower was small. The location is great on the corner of Canal and Bourbon. The bed was comfortable. This was my first time since Katrina and most was as I remember.

Room tip: No view but quiet when you get in. So you could sleep. The shower had hot water.
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I stayed here for one Friday night. Its a beautiful hotel, right at the start of the french quarter (that probably should or should not decide if you want to stay here).

Login was easy, and with great service. All of the bell hops and valet attendants outside were exceptional.

I decided to go to the pool to soak up the rest of the sun that I could. It's a cool little pool, kind of interesting since it's not rooftop, but one the third floor. Though it is outside. It's a very small pool but interesting. I will say since its a pool cut in the building on the side, and since it borders the beginning of bourbon street, every now and then you got a whiff of a smell. Probably a design flaw in not putting the pool in a different position. That was a bit unpleasant.

I also decided to order a glass of wine for room service delivered to the pool. i was told over the phone my room would be charged something like 11.37 total, and in 35 minutes or less. When it was delivered to me 45 minutes later, my total was 22.38. Apparently the wine was 13, not 10. They add an automatic gratuity (which is fine, but not mentioned to me) and then they charged me 5.25 to deliver this glass of wine!! Which was also not told to me. I took the wine for the time being, and went back to my room and called the room service and explained the situation. They apologized that the woman should have informed me. Which was nice, but i asked if this delivery charge was going to remain. if I knew it would cost half the amount of the wine I wouldve walked downstairs to the bar myself. She said no, I asked to speak to the beverage manager. She out me on hold and came back and asked if i had drunk the wine. (I hadnt) and that they would just come back and get it. And while that is fine it really didnt solve the problem. Now Im not relaxed, i WANTED the wine, but I shouldnt be paying for things I was not told about. So dissatisfied I called the front desk and ask to speak to the hotel manager. The front desk attendant was very nice, and said the mgr is currently checking guests in. (Okay) and that she can give her a message to call me back. I never received a call or message.

Additionally, I would say the hotel is gorgeous, great architecture, nice carpets. But the tables in the hallways for decoration were covered in dust. In my hotel room i unraveled a rolled up towel from the bottom shelf and there were two dirt stains on it. Clearly it had not been cleaned. And my hotel room should have also been dusted.

All in all, eventhough this a close location to bourbon street (which for me really isnt an appeal) it is definitely not a 4 star hotel. I would say 3 stars and any expensive price would not be ok for me.

I didn't eat at the oyster bar downstairs.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Micah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Ramona300
We certainly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. While I am glad to see you found out hotel beautiful and received exceptional service from our bellmen and valet attendants, I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication regarding your room service order. I have forwarded your concerns to the Director of Room Service and the Director of Operations so that this communication and service error may be immediately addressed with the team and prevented from occurring again. We also appreciate your comments regarding the housekeeping issues. I have forwarded your experience to the Director of Housekeeping so that this inconvenience may also be addressed. All and all, I am disappointed to see that the hotel were not up to your, or our, standards. I can assure you that what you describe is not a typical stay. I'm happy to share that we have recently completed a renovation of our Astor Tower and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to experience these new modern touches in the historic French Quarter.

Best Regards,
Micah J. Landry

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I was disappointed in the property in general. Even though the rooms seemed to be remolded within the past couple of years they did not seem to be up to Crown Plaza standards. As one example there was rust on the bathroom door hinges. We also felt the pillows were not up to Crown Plaza standards, very disappointed. Staff was friendly, however did not acknowledge my Aspire level.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Micah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear W5559ZJtimh
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Astor and for being a loyal guest! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed our hospitable team members. However, I am disappointed that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, and that our newly re-modeled look was not to your liking. I appreciate you bringing your bathroom door to our attention so that we may correct this immediately. I have brought your review to the attention of our Director of Front Office to ensure that we are following the proper procedure in recognizing our valued travelers. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in New Orleans, as I am confident that given the opportunity we could exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,
Micah J. Landry

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Hotel is at corner of Canal and Bourbon. Good location. Bar was great. Beautiful young lady, Jelessa, made an absolute great Manhattan - one the best I can remember. She knew to rinse the glass with Laphroig. The room was nice, larger than the MonteLeone and very clean.
Best shower in New Orleans. Hot!! Water!!! Great Pressure.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper make sure to stay back from elevator. Room 1318 is Very Loud.