1,064 results
All reviewslee circlewwii museumfrench quartergarden districtstreet car lineconvention centercab ridetrolley stoplarge roommardi grasbourbon streetfew blocksnolaww2uptownubercbd
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Clean rooms, very helpful staff! Walking distance to Cafe DuMonde and other things. Not a bad price in comparison with other hotels in the area. Close to the Carnival Port which made it easy to board that morning.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank Linda O
Kyle M, General Manager at The Hotel Modern, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hey There Linda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We really love the location too and hope your Cruise was amazing!! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Very nice staff, mainly a bed to rest and cool air conditioning. The best part of this location is that you can get a great long distance run in from the hotel/ when heading west down trolly tracks!!!
Simple breakfast and coffee nice. I just wish places would stop using the styrofoam plates!!!!

Stayed: November 2017

Hey There John U,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We love the locaton too. We have so much more coming as we get closer to the finish of the renovation. And on a side note... Good news, when we finished the renovation those Styrofoam plates go away! Thanks so much for all the feedback!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I booked this hotel from a secret 3rd-party deal. So I didn't know what I was getting and oh boy! Once I got the name of the hotel and read the reviews, I wasn't too happy, but it was a non-refundable deal because of the discount, so I had no choice. I needed a hotel for out last night, and the Hilton Riverside wasn't available, so it is what it is. Anyway, the reviews were spot on. We were awakened by hammering at about 7:00AM, but my husband who's in construction, was more understanding that I was. The hotel is being renovated and will then be a Holiday Inn Express. Luckily our room was already updated, but very small. Once we got in the room we realized we had no ice bucket and an ironing board without an iron. My husband had to go downstairs to get an iron and said there were others waiting to get one, so I had to iron fast. Breakfast was just continental so we stopped at a Burger King for that.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pattydoro

Hey There Pattydoro,

We are so sorry we missed the mark. We will keep working hard to finish up the renovation. We really appreciate all the details about your experience as it is helping us make some changes through the process.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Warning: they are going thru a rennovation of their lobby area. That being said, it did not bother us at all. It is very convenient. You have a street car stop very close. From the hotel to the touristy place, it will cost you about $8 in a Uber. What we want to emphasize is the concierge: Geoff Polson. He was so helpful in terms of booking nice tours. He also told us about the places to be and the places we did not need to be. He has a great sense of humor and is very customer oriented...he made us feel at home with our private concierge. The room are very clean and comfortable. Great value!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philippe155032
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Overall, this hotel was nice and convenient for the area. The room was comfortable and the mattresses were pillow top. Free continental breakfast which was to be expected. The employees were busy chatting with one another, surrounding the breakfast area, during breakfast, which made it a little uncomfortable to go get your food items. The hotel room itself was ok, but the bathroom needed a good cleaning as there was hair on the floor and in the shower that quite obviously belonged to a prior guest. For a reasonable price in the location, this hotel was acceptable. I did not like that the parking was difficult to find and ended up having to pay $30 extra to park for one night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends