“Awesome atmosphere and even better staff”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Had a hiccup with an order but the manager Brandie, fix it beyond my expectations. She reminded me why it’s the first stop and last stop every time I come to New Orleans. Thanks again brandy and to all the restaurant staff for making it an enjoyable experience every time!

Signed; a weary traveler

Date of visit: February 2021
Randy Piebes, General Manager at Drago's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Good Afternoon Sean,

Thank you for the stellar review! It is great being open again and we are very excited you joined us on our first weekend of 2021. Our team are true pro's and it starts with a fantastic General Manager in Brandye. I look forward to your next visit. Regards, Randy

Write a reviewReviews (4,350)

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Previously, this has been our FAVORITE place to eat in all of New Orleans. So, we were thrilled when we found out they were opened back up. We immediately made reservations. Boy were we disappointed! The raw oysters were small and just okay. The chargrilled were very good, just small. The "good" part of the meal stopped there. We both ordered the steak & lobster. It came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. My husband ordered his steak medium RARE. I ordered mine medium WELL. They came out exactly the same.... medium. Mine was actually not quite as done as his. Everything on both plates was cold except the mashed potatoes... including the drawn butter for the tiny lobsters. The broccoli was basically raw. Our dinner was $120 & we had one tea & one water to drink.....no dessert. That is WAY TOO PRICEY for cold food & not much of it. We've been to several places here & gotten MUCH better food for far less money. Our waitress was decent, but not Dragos previous standard.
Needless to say we don't intend to waste anymore money there this trip!

Date of visit: February 2021
Randy Piebes, Owner at Drago's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Good Afternoon TSW1064, we are just as excited as you, to be open again, and this was our first night in 11 months. I am truly sorry we did not live up to your expectations, and fell short on both execution & service. I would love to have you back in so you can experience our genuine hospitality and world class seafood. Please call me directly at the restaurant 504-584-3911 I would be happy to assist you in making a reservation. Regards, Randy

Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

The food was ok. I forgot what i ordered exactly but you can see pic. I can’t understand why for the life of me they use spaghetti noodles for certain pasta dishes. I sent mine back and ask for regular linguine. Flavor was subpar with my meal. I wasn’t what I expected from all the hype.

Date of visit: January 2021
DavidPiscola, General Manager at Drago's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

Bryt
Thanks for you review. When were you in last. Unfortunately we have been closed due to COVID since March of 2020. But we should be back on track shortly!

Reviewed 24 March 2020

this restaurant is on everyone's top list. I knew I wanted to go there for oysters.

But, the best thing about the place was that we got seated (2 of us) right away.

We had gumbo, a dozen oysters grilled, and a green salad topped with crab.

the gumbo was ok, the oysters had so much goop on them that other than the shell, you wouldn't know they were oysters. and the salad was watery - the crab tasteless.

Are they tooooo busy for their staff?

when we walking in we saw too grills with oysters on them - spitting and smoking. with one person tending them. I think he was overloaded.

The waitress took a long time to bring us our water. While she didn't;appologize, she rationalized that she had a billing problem with a customer - but I am not sure what prevented her from seeking help from another server. I suspect she was new at this server thing.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank DoughBoy2020
Reviewed 23 March 2020

Ate here on our 1st night in NOLA! Had some hurricanes, chargrilled oysters and shrimp stuffed boudin! Service was wonderful and the food was amazing!

Date of visit: February 2020