Saudara Home(Tegalalang)
Pandawas Villas(Tegalalang)
Puri Sebatu Resort(Tegalalang)
Villa Amrita(Tegalalang)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvillage tourorganic gardencooking classlocal villagerice paddiesbalinese cultureyoga retreatmeditation roomartist housecome homefamily roomdelicious foodfamily compoundmt agungsmall hotelroad noiseart school
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The property was disappointing to say the least. Mosquitos were a major concern and the uncleanliness of the restaurant and kitchen lead us to check out of the hotel a day earlier. Even the room toilets need major improvements. Overall the property was not even close to being as nice as what the photos suggested. The location of the hotel is quite far from the Ubud town which makes the area very quiet which some of you may like or dislike. However the service offered by the staff was very good and friendly.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Paul C, Owner at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that we didn’t live up to your expectations. At Alam Sari we are always interested in improvement and have begun a review of the bathrooms and housekeeping procedures based on your comments. In reference to the restaurant and kitchen we would like to mention for future guests that cleanliness is paramount for us and an independent audit is conducted of our restaurant on a monthly basis by a non-affiliated restaurant owner from Ubud so that we are sure to maintain a clean and hygienic environment. This is done on top of government mandated inspections. However, we will refer this feedback to our auditor to be sure that she follows up on it with the staff on her next spot check. We have also informed the kitchen and wait staff ourselves of your concerns. At Alam Sari, our guests come first and we appreciate the feedback as it helps to guide our continual goal of improvement in providing the best service and experience possible.

Best Regards
Alam Sari Management

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I decided I needed to get away from the city for a few days (Jakarta). I heard of a place nearby in Bali where Yoga Retreats are often held at Alam Sari near the lovely village of Keliki. Over the 4 days of my stay I felt like I was in an alternate universe, a tropically green oasis of peace, beauty, balance and harmony.
The staff where charming and helpful. In particular my the Driver and Tour Guide - Putu, was a gold mine of information and patience and his level of care was more like that of a close friend. I enjoyed excellent Village tours including a wonderful Artist compound in Keliki village, a Batik and weaving centre and a fabulous walk through the local rice paddies. On another day I signed up for a Balinese Cooking class and was collected from the Hotel by the wonderfully personable Dewi and taken to his family compound where I spent the morning discussing Balinese philosophy, lifestyle and history - it was a perfect morning doing all the things I love - chatting with interesting people on important issues, preparing and cooking delicious food followed by a great lunch. I would recommend this wonderful, charming resort to anyone in need of a little alone time in stunning surroundings, cared for by the sweetest people imaginable- I will of course return to this place as soon as I can.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Paul C, General Manager at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Dear Claire R,

Warmest greeting from Alam Sari Resort & Spa...
Thank you for taking time to review our Resort.

I am so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team were able to make your stay more special and memorable at Alam Sari.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Best regards,

gm@alamsari.com

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Booked a suite room over a month ago.. pictures showed room with an outdoor terrace and seating overlooking the landscape. When I arrived I was taken to my room to find out it was a completely different room right in the back corner of the hotel.. With no view and no terrace just a small walkway.. I was told one of the doors could not be opened as it led to managers area. There was a lounge next to the room but I was told that I could not use it. After checking the pictures I complained that this was not the room I booked and I wanted a room with an outdoor terrace as I had booked. I was then told the room I had booked was under refurbishement ! I had a look around and I said I would swap for a room by the pool. 2 of them were also under refurbishement, the other 2 empty but he said guests would be arriving to take them. The only other room offered was a small side room with no view again! I asked for a refund..which I was given. I wasted taxi money coming all the way there to find out many of the rooms are under refurbishement including the one u had booked. This is terrible service as I booked a month earlier they should have contacted me to let me know that the room wasn't available letting me decide if I still wanted to come before wasting time and money to get to the isolated location. I then asked to be taken back to ubud.. I had to wait a further 3 hours for the free shuttle bus as they wouldn't organise a taxi for me unless I paid $30. Overshadowed terrible service be warned!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 February 2017

Dear Zak,

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for your less than desirable experience. You are indeed correct that your room was changed from the original you had chosen. Unfortunately in the days prior to your stay a coconut had fallen from a nearby tree and cracked the tiles in the roof, rendering the room unusuable. I’m sorry this wasn’t clearly conveyed to you at the time. The room was placed under renovation and the tree is being removed as a hazard. Over the past month we have had a rolling renovation of some of the rooms and apologize it rendered the other rooms unavailable to move to and that the room offered wasn’t what you were expecting. In terms of the having to wait for the lift back to Ubud, this was definitely not acceptable and we have reviewed our protocols in regards to this matter with everyone in the front office to ensure it is better dealt with should a similar situation arise. At Alam Sari we always strive to put service first and please be assured your feedback has been taken to heart and led to a review of our practice. We hope the rest of your stay on the island was pleasant and apologize once again for the inconvenience.

Best Regards
Alam Sari Management

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I couldn't rate Alam Sari high enough. What a beautiful place along with the most lovely staff

My friends and I enjoyed a very tranquil stay here, taking full use of the messages, pool area and lovely food.

One of my favourite nights was going to a cooking class (arranged by Alam Sari) where we were lucky enough to go to the wonderful Dewa and Jeri's home in the village nearby. We had the most amazing food, as well as an incredible experience. They fully welcomed us into their home and I was in my element cooking delicious food! That was possibly my favourite night of the whole holiday to Bali.

A staff member (arranged with Alam Sari) took us to the traditional local village, where the locals were busy preparing for a mass cremation ceremony. We also went around the grounds of the hotel to see all the organic food and herbs they grow.
I would definitely go in the electric bike tour they arrange too, absolutely amazing riding through the rice paddies!

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was really relaxing and you really feel as though you're in the middle of he jungle (minus a few cars driving by).

A lovely, lovely stay. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amy87wales
Paul C, General Manager at Alam Sari, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Amy,

Warmest greeting from Alam Sari....

Thank you very much for the fantastic review of your experience stay with us.
It is very rewarding to read your kind words regarding your stay with us.
We also very happy to read that our team delivered on our promise and their service to our guest. Specially all of the balinese activities and unique setting provided memories of your visit.

Once again, Thank you very much for your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Alam Sari soon where we will again ensure a wonderful time for your next stay.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 16 January 2017

We stayed in a room named "Ganesh II" in a villa with 2 bedrooms and a TV room. Outside the villa we had the use of a private plunge pool and a lounge area. The gardens in the surrounding area were stunning. This villa and a number of other rooms, which shared a thoughtfully decorated lounge and kitchen area, were located further up the hill and I recommend them. To use the swimming pool, restaurant and spa, and to visit reception, we descended via pathways and steps, again through beautifully landscaped gardens to a lower level. We made use of the free transport to and from Ubud and a free guided tour of the resort's organic garden, local rice fields and a local artist's house, both of which we enjoyed. We also had relaxing massages in the spa. The staff were polite, caring and helpful.The restaurant served a variety of meals to suit different tastes and appetites and there was a different special local dish available each day. We spent a very enjoyable and relaxing week at Alam Sari and would like to thank the staff and management for a wonderful break.

Room Tip: Book one of the villas or master bedrooms further up the hill where you will not hear the traffic noise which is audible further down.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Warmest greeting from Alam Sari...

Thank you for taking your time in writing this wonderful feedback.
We’re very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Alam Sari. We wish that every aspect of the resort, from the architectural design to our warm and friendly service style, also the daily Balinese activities will bring the great memories for our guest.
We very much hope that we can welcoming you back to Alam Sari soon.

Most sincerely,