See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

If you want go to Goa Maya Cave only, then you should just search "Bali Eco Resort and Adventure" in the Google Maps. Don't search for Bayad village, because there's two Bayad village, one at Payangan and one at Tegalalang.....

The cave is an ancient irrigation tunnel and found by the owner of the property. You must park your car in the resort, then ask the staff you want to explore Goa Maya, they'll tell you the price is Rp 150.000,- for guide you through the forest trekking and to the cave. You should use a guide and I think they'll not allow you to walk by your self, because it's easy to get lost in the forest or in the cave.

Walk inside the tunnel makes you feel the ancient time and how ancient people so smart and they really respect the nature. Inside the cave/tunnel you'll find couple holy statue, local people still to pray and make an offering, to respect the nature and ancient God.

The resort it self is very simple basic, merges with surrounding nature. The room is very simple but very clean. Nice......stay at this resort if you're seeking quiet atmosphere and to find peace of your self.

The staff is very friendly and thankful.She said in the school holiday many foreign student in Bali came to stay and explore the attraction.......cool.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2016

We got to know the Flora and Fauna of Bali the best you ever could, enjoyed our greatest meals during our Bali-trip last summer in Bali-Eco and explored nature and exotic fruits with all our senses.

I would recommend a visit and a night or even weeks on this beautiful place on earth to everyone who searches for some calmness and an adorable piece of nature. We even learned how to make "Kopi"(café) on your own and were able to taste it. We even enjoyed a musical attraction there and learned how to play the traditional bamboo flute. The guides explained everything in great English.

The staff made our trip even more enjoyable! Thanks to all of you!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katrin I
Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

Our Balinese friends took us here today for a 90 minute hike through the forest and cave. It had been raining but even so, we managed just fine. My husband slipped once on the greasy ground, but had a soft landing. The guide (and you need a guide, the tracks are informal, it would be very easy to get lost here if you were on your own) took us past native plants used as medicines, let us taste and feel them, and told us what ailments they helped (with our Balinese friend interpreting, the guide spoke no English). Then on to the river and then to the cave. A very long, old, cave, that took about 20 minutes to walk end to end. I did not want to go in it and did with a great reluctance, I haven't been underground for over 20 years, but I decided to view it as a personal challenge and just DO IT. It was lit with electric bulbs, and while I still wasn't comfortable, I am glad I did manage to overcome my panic demons to do this. A definite challenge for a claustrophobic. We didn't stay, but did look in at the accommodation as we passed by. Not our thing (we are staying at The Kayon), but for someone wanting solitude, no frills and on a tight budget, I can see that this would suffice. Great hike, accommodation and facilities so-so.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

We did this bike ride down the mountain, very easy ride with very little pedalling, I think anyone could do it. The bikes were in good condition, breakfast and lunch were fantastic with beautiful food. Plenty of time for stops, photos and water stops. Well worth doing to see the real Bali as you go through villages. Would recommend

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Excellent customer service with customer comes first...

Thanks for the birthday surprise arrangement for my friend who staying in this resort.
Really appreciated and thankful for the last minute arrangement. Really good service...

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends