All reviewsswimming poolboutique hoteltropical paradiseromantic settingstayed nightsthe hustle and bustlebravoweddingconceptvillaprivacymassagebaliseminyakretreathoneymoon
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Went there without knowing what to expect and what a great surprised!
This property is one of a kind, few villas scattered in a huge tropical garden, we were staying in Villa des Rizières with friends and everything was perfect, the bedrooms really nicely decorated the lodging area to die for and the pool just gorgeous!!!
The staff is really helpful dedicated and friendly...
I strongly recommend this place to anyone wanting to be close to Semyniak and Canggu but in a quite and stunning environment.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2017

very nice staff, good food, relaxing and very private areas complete this wonderful stay. we used also the shuttle transfer (free) to seminiak center for shopping and a walk down to the beach, now leaving bali this evening ... till next time :)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2017

It was my first time in Bali and I stay first 3 days at Mathis Retreat ubud which was very great!!Then I had few more days to the other Mathis called " La Villa Mathis " south of Bali. it's Absolutely Amazingly Superb !!! Stunning, Timeless!! All details are Perfect to make your stay very special and Romantic!!! very quiet very private with your own swimming pool. Service is very professional!!! Very safe place which is important.
I highly recommend there.

Room Tip: Perfect Romantic Experience place for couple to be intimate , very safe
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Bruno-Villa-Mathis, Director of Sales at La Villa Mathis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

“Thank you for choosing MATHIS Collection, as you know when you combine our 2 properties MATHIS Retreat Ubud and Villa MATHIS Umalas, enjoy the HAPPY MATHIS with FREE benefits:
For a minimum of 3 nights each: Transfer inter hotel, Massage of 60min facing the ricefields & Romantic candlelight dinner in our tropical gardens.
Other advantages for longer stays as cooking class, day tours, … -Do not hesitate to ask us!
Enjoy also our unique concept of LIBERTY PASS, Any night booked can be swapped, without fee, to another hotel of Mathis Collection. For a 100% Freedom on holidays!

Thank you for your confidence and see you soon in Paradise!”

MATHIS Collection Team

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We arrived in the middle of the night and what a pleasure it was after the long flight to see our driver patiently awaiting our arrival. It took about 20 minutes from the airport and when we entered our room we knew this was a special place! I immediately regretted booking for such a short stay. Our room (I think it was called The Bintan) was super spacious with an outdoor rainfall shower, soaking bath tub and a GIGANTIC wooden carved bed that is probably one of the sexiest I've ever seen. My 6 foot 4 husband said it was his "dream bed" LOL! We woke to a beautifully designed outdoor area filled with Balinese art and luxurious drapery and made us so happy to be away from the European winter! The breakfast was great with made to order eggs/omlettes and fresh pastries. My travel motto is "you get what you pay for" but Mathis Villas is in my travel experiences a rare exception because the cost was fantastic for what we received. In fact, I am writing this review from a highly rated and more expensive hotel in Ubud and mentioned to my husbsnd (on more than one occasion) that I wished we had stayed at Mathis...I'm aware there is also a Mathis Villa here in Ubud so the next time we're in Ubud we hope to give it a try. Keep up the good work and Im certain we will return!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Bruno-Villa-Mathis, Owner at La Villa Mathis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear Vette,

Such a comment gives us power to go on - Thank you so so much for your kindness and we are happy that you enjoyed our nice tropical and very special property.
Mathis Retreat Ubud and its great restaurant will be happy to welcome you soon, do not forget if you combine both properties MATHIS Collection, you will get free benefits as inter hotel transportation, massage and romantic candlelight diner. Have a look as well at our great concept LIBERTY PASS, where you can switch properties at anytime during your stay and for free!

Kind regards
Bruno

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Such a serenity and lovely place to chill... <3 Perfect Romantic evening for our honeymoon! Would have love to stay more in this hotel before leaving! Thank you so much for everything! It was a real pleasure!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Bruno-Villa-Mathis, Director of Sales at La Villa Mathis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Thank you for your confidence and see you soon in Paradise!”

MATHIS Collection Team