“Perfect Ambience but could have been better.”
Review of Villa Kayu Raja

Villa Kayu Raja
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Perfect place to relax in a private villa. The pool is perfect for those who seeks romantic escapade, however the sad part, the pool filter are not set accordingly, you need to call the maintenance to manually switched it on for you. Maintenance of the unit is quite poor, we have to call the maintenance guy again to replace the bulbs on the staircase as well the spotlight at the pool. The staircase to rooftop balcony was dusty until I have to wipe it clean myself since I am embarrassed to keep calling the housekeeping to get things done. The blinds are faulty as well.
For such a luxurious place I hope the management will look into the details.

Nevertheless, we were impressed with the hospitality of the 2 staffs at the concierge counter. Friendly and warm.

Hopefully it will get better should we decide to come again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmirulSafuan

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere of this villa is really good, the servicea is excellent, the staff also very nice, we get relaxed, the pool is big, the kitchen very complete too .. When I visit to Bali, I always stay in here either with family or just for business purposes. This villa always make me want to go back again and again...❤️

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank KikyParmintha
Reviewed 4 December 2017

My friend and I stayed here for 4 days and the hospitality is awesome, the staffs were super friendly and helpful when it comes to problem solving and they recommended us to few local stalls to enjoy the local food which was amazing! The spa treatment was good but please do not have high expectation as the place is quite small which can only accommodate 4 pax max, but it was still a wonderful experience because the staffs are respectful and friendly. The private pool in each villa is the HIGHLIGHT of it! Beautiful, clean and privacy, all I ever needed. Please pre-plan the night before and get a driver or rent a motorcycle to travel around. Feel free to book driver outside of villa because they're much cheaper and some of them are tour guide which will guide you to the history of Bali and the 1 star missing here is because the driver in Villa Kayu Raja is not helpful and didn't communicate well in English, he almost charge us extra money because the jam in Bali is crazy and we suppose to reach Villa at 6 end up reaching at 7 and he asked to pay for an extra hour fee because they calculate by hour but we were on time all the while and please blame the traffic in Bali which delay some of our trip.

PLEASE VISIT THE KINTAMANI VOLCANO, IT IS AMAZING! AND TRY OUT THE FOOD: "NASI GORENG" AND "NASI CAMPUR" AND "BABI GULING" IN BALI.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarmenYong
Reviewed 24 November 2017

First impression Villas are lovely just like in the photos and very very clean.... probably cleanest I've seen in Bali, but that's were it ends.
Firstly Breakfast is just ok, but service is appalling...... 3 staff standing next to the counter just watching people come in and that's all there job is.... They didn't have cutlery at the tables so I asked for some & they Pointed me in the direction off the cutlery on a table. Then I asked for Coffee Cups and got the same Pointing gesture.....!!!!!!
Never ever has this happened at any place I've stayed in through out the world. To have to get your own Cutlery & Cups come on..... obviously something wrong with management here.
Next would be the Spa Service...... my partner and I had 1hr Balinese Massage each. 450k for 1hr per person.... very expensive, but then I saw a sign in the foyer 30% off all Spa Services for the month off October so thought not bad.... about 310k sounds about right for a hotel. Well well well.... Massage was good probably 7/10, but rooms and atmosphere 0/10. Usually when you pay that kind of money you get your feet washed, a nice bathrobe, relaxing music in the background, flower petals...... Nothing, absolutely nothing here...... It was like going to Carla Spa which is excellent I go every time I come to Bali, but that's a 1hr 90k Massage "Great"...... But a 4star hotel & an apparent 450k massage. The room was old, dark, and dindgy..... Horrible.
And lastly Room Service Menu almost doesn't exist.... a couple of burgers, a couple of sandwiches, rice, noodles. About 8 things on it...... And the same Menu at the Restaurant as well.... no comment. We don't like going out at night so we usually always have Room Service and chill out at night. That's why we stay in Villas with separate bedrooms & sitting areas so we can relax, watch movies, order room service.... But that didn't happen here.
Like I said in my Title.... I really wanted to like this place because we come to Bali twice a year and always stay at the Villas down the road but got a bit tired off them, so wanted a change. But will be going back to Old Faithful in February.... Like I said in the beginning Rooms are great, clean, newly renovated, have everything you need but that's were it ended for us....

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We stayed here for a week, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The staff were super friendly, included breakfasts were really nice. the resort organised a driver for us who was very affordable and did a good job. will be back!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
0.1 km away
0.6 km away
Cicada Luxury Townhouses
Cicada Luxury Townhouses
#12 of 149 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Kayu Raja? Share your experiences!