All reviews spa bath private pool seminyak square second level room service direct sunlight potato head canggu club scoopon deal buffet breakfast egg station living area stayed here for nights the ground floor eat street staff were so friendly good size
Reviewed 14 December 2016

The Kayu Raja has the potential to be amazing! Nebula Restaurant is incredible with a great menu, great staff and great coffee, this really made our stay!

The villas themselves are really beautiful, the layout is great, spacious, the pool is amazing and really private. Unfortunately there are a few things that need a bit of work. I would have given this place a higher rating but there were just too many small things that went wrong. Our first villa had a plumbing issue (toilet didn't flush, shower didn't drain and flooded out the complete bathroom and half the bedroom) so they moved us from a 1br to a 2br unit, which was appreciated; but unfortunately in both the units there was a lot of small things wrong. Not one specific thing that would be big enough to call reception about, just lots of small annoying things; - the kettle takes 40 minutes to boil. the batteries in the remote controls for the tv, dvd and airconditioner were all dead or almost dead, lightglobe was out above the pool, toilet sometimes didn't flush, poor lighting in the bathroom (impossible to put makeup on), pillows and mattress not very comfortable; lots of small things like this that really let the place down.

On the whole, the villas were okay but I think that there are others in the same price bracket that would be better.

Room tip: Try to get an odd numbered room so the pool catches the morning sun, ask to not be located near children as can hear the neighbours
1  Thank Teapot34
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We spent 11 nights at the Kayu raja and didn't want to leave. Very comfortable villa with everything you could need, excellent staff who all speak English and a great location just out of the main bussel of Seminyak. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Neata54
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Awesome experience, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Everything clean and tidy, restaraunt breakfast everyday was nice as well. Only downfall is that the gym had to be booked and wasn't on site, however I doubt that's as important to others as it is myself.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed 1 December 2016

What a place. The staff were all very friendly and courteous. No request was too much and we were always greeted with a smile. We have been back in Perth 3 days and I miss this place. It was like an oasis in hot and humid location which is Seminyak at this time of the year. We purchased the 7 days at Villa Kayu Raja through Scoopons which gave us free access to the Canguu beach club. This was a real winner for me as the hotel provided a shuttle to and from there and I could work out in the club's gym. My wife and I then usually spen an hour or two at the water park which is all part of the club. Loved the fact also that we had our own private pool and this was inside the downstairs room which was an inside - outside setup. My only criticism was the lighting, or lack of it, in the bathroom. Apart from that it was truly great. Thank you to all the terrific and friendly staff!

Date of stay: November 2016
2  Thank 663pjones
Reviewed 20 November 2016

What a great place to stay. Love how we have our own pool and the rooms are nice and big...heautiful spa bath. The only downside is my daughter decided to come at the last minute and for a fold out bed for her it was 70 Australian dollars. Too much for our budget....so now she is staying across the road for 35 dollars a night. Next time i hope we are all together.....we have another 8 days here and its been great so far

Date of stay: November 2016