See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2016

The furnishings were mediocre
Breakfast was sad. Plastic wrapped buns. banana or apple. juice, coffee. That is is all.
However, the room, though poorly appointed was very clean. Towels were good, TB worked. A clean room is essential for me. This one made it.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

My room was right near the office and still it was completely sketchy! Office staff in the am, very nice, night shift yea not so much! Personality of a miserable rock! The room was clean except the huge hair on my clean sheets . All night I heard people in and out of a room a few doors down pretty sure keeping a steady hourly rate. As a solo female traveler being asked how much I was for the night when walking out to my car completely freaked me out, along with the cat calls, and gun shots. Hotel it's self for 40 bucks not horrible but I didn't feel safe at all and cancelled the rest of my time and booked elsewhere. Office manager was very nice about the cancellation and very apologetic.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Don't expect fancy, but this place was clean and quiet. No weird smells, the bathroom was spotless, and the staff was friendly! For the price, it's a perfectly fine place to stop for the night. The only issue really, was that the it takes a long time for the AC to cool down the room, and it is very loud when it comes on. Wifi worked great! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah H
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Make no mistake: this is a simple, straightforward hotel stay/set-up. However, it was worth what we paid: clean room (including sheets, flat surfaces, remote control, and door handles) and friendly front desk staff. The room's microwave and refrigerator were almost new. The free WiFi worked fine. While very close to the highway (easy off/on), we heard no highway noise. We left too early to try the complimentary breakfast items. When we travel, we prefer a different grade of hotel, yet we would certainly return to this property.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MayasMom05
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Ok here is a honest review of this place. I stayed here on 11-5-2014 on a business trip. Stayed here based on the "Guest reviews" But if you read any of my reviews you get honest with me.

I arrived on business about 10:00 pm to stand less than 2 foot from the guy behind the glass. He was so preoccupied on a slow night he never saw me standing here. Only when I rattled the locked lobby door did he notice me. I registered and went to the "back" building only to have not 1 but both keys to the room NOT work. So after driving back to the office and explaining I was given new keys. While waiting for new keys I noticed a stack of yellow flyers on the window. Upon examination it was warnings or reminders from the Greensboro Police to take everything out of your cars for safety. When I got back to the room I was surprised the at first look the room looked better than the outward appearance of the place. Yes this was an old motel it was formally a Econo Lodge. Well if you know motel Econo buys old motels that can not meet modern standards. Well if this did not even meet Econo Lodge standards speaks for itself. I think this is a local owned now.

Well the first look of the room was better than the outside. So I was like ok I can crash here until 6 am and I am gone anyway. I went to the bed that was neatly and nicely made and pulled the cover back only to find a long long black hair laying perfectly on the pillow. I noticed that their appeared to be a had imprint on the other pillow leading me only to think that the sheet had not been changed from the last client. Thus the head hair still on the pillow. I was traveling with another business partner. We were both tired and I did not even mention anything to them about the hair. Just made a comment that I was going to check for bed bugs. NONE were found but the hair and head imprint was bad enough. I removed the hair and decided to make the best of it. The room had an adjoining door that looked like it had been mistreated it was in rough shape.

I then grabbed my item and made for a shower and then some much needed sleep. The light fixture appeared to have been pulled from the ceiling as it had about an inch or two gap where someone tried to push it back up. The shower head pipe coming from the wall had busted holes in the wall possibly from a leak in the drywall. Either way it was a hole that was not appealing to me.

Once I finally got to the bed...OMG this was the hardest mattress I have ever slept on in my life. Trust me I travel a lot and this was hard. We were up at 5 am and gone by 6.

Overall I do not and will not recommend this to anyone unless for some crazy reason you are looking only for 1-2 hours and I would not even condone that. They need major work and upkeep.

Lastly funny thing at check-in. I booked online which in most cases you get a better price. I paid $56.95 for the night. While booking the "call-in " or walk in rate was only $45.00 special for the night. But of course since I had "booked" mine was $56.95.

Stay clear of this place and owners if you read this please do some much needed maintenance and no matter if the last client might have only needed the room I was given for a few hours or whatever...... ALWAYS change the sheets !!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business