All reviews waffles multiple settings choice hotels biscuits gravy comfortable stay hot items plenty of hot water breakfast choices the breakfast area nice size the manager's reception flat screen tv mini fridge and microwave easy access soccer tournament quick trip staying at this hotel
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We stay here a few times a year on our way down south and have always been pleased in the past. They’re currently doing a renovation, so while the updates look nicer, the amenities have taken a backseat and staff just doesn’t seem to care.

Our favorite thing about this hotel in the past was that they offered a manager’s reception during the week. We rushed to get in town only to be told they weren’t doing that right now because of the renovation. We were not informed of this in any way when we booked so that was a big disappointment after a long drive.

The room we had was renovated, but didn’t seem complete. There was a huge open space in front of the couch where a coffee table should be and the room was very dim, even with all the lamps turned on. Another major issue people will have with this hotel is that there is absolutely zero shelving in the new shower, so you have to place all off your toiletries on the floor of the shower. This will be a major issue for people who can’t bend over. Very inconvenient.

Since they weren’t having the managers reception, I bought a bottle of wine. I asked the front desk to use their wine opener and was informed they didn’t have one anymore because someone took the one they had. I know these are Choice hotels so maybe I’m asking for too much, but isn’t that something every hotel should have on hand?

Another huge disappointment was the breakfast. It was AWFUL. The eggs were gross and the water I got from the drink machine was disgusting. I bet it hasn’t been cleaned in awhile. The lady working the breakfast was great, it’s not her fault the food is terrible.

Lastly, there is a sign in the window that says they are converting this Comfort Suites into a Four Points by Sheraton so if you’re a Choice member, you won’t be staying here anymore, not that I would anyway.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here back in Feb 2018 and loved it so much that we decided to stay here again this weekend. This stay was a completely different experience than our first. The renovation is not complete. We arrived earlier than check in and our room was ready only for us to discover that the bathroom was not cleaned and towels not stocked. The floor didn’t look vacuumed either. It was taken care of promptly.

Our first night, teen girls went up and down the hall knocking on doors with do not disturb signs and giggled hysterically outside those rooms. The next morning, a mother let her toddler play, scream, run, cry up and down the hall beginning around 6 a.m. and was off/on until about 8 a.m. I finally called the front desk to complain but by the time it was handled, the family was no longer on the floor. That evening, several families let their children race up and down the hallway. Two moms brought chairs out of their rooms and were at the end of the hall telling the kids when to go and the kids would loudly run down the entire hall. This happened repeatedly and kept getting louder to the point where we couldn’t carry on a phone conversation in our room because it was too loud. After 20 min of the racing down the halls, I finally called the front desk about it. They promptly addressed the running/screaming children and it stopped for the evening. This morning around 830, the loud toddler and her mom was back out in the hallway but thankfully didn’t stay long and weren’t a disturbance like yesterday.

The staff was as excellent and friendly as last time. We REALLY appreciated the individual boxes of Kellogg cereal at the breakfast bar so my severe food allergy child was able to actually enjoy something that was safe and free of his allergens and free from cross contamination! He was REALLY excited over the cereal boxes and it just added to the great memories he made this weekend!

Aside from the bathroom not being cleaned and renovations happening 5 months after our last visit, it was a great stay and the rooms were comfortable. And I have to remind myself that the noisy and inconsiderate hotel guests and the parents who feel it’s ok and don’t see anything wrong with hosting races down the hallway disturbing an entire hotel floor isn’t Comfort Suites’s fault...the staff handled the matter when it was brought to their attention.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Staying here for a visit to attend a wedding. Very convenient to the airport and I-40. Many reataurants nearby. Only major problem was that we reserved a suite because it had a Jacuzzi tub. The tub did not work but the manager made a price adjustment.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Staff is exceptional. Room was spacious and clean with no mechanical issues. Price was just right. Only thing is that they are currently renovating, so it's not 100% pristine. However, you can see the improvements being made, so I am OK with the temporary cosmetic things we saw (dirty elevator, molding along floor has been pulled up, etc.). We travel a lot, so we are adding this property to our Rolodex of hotels where we will definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Great place, but with one exception. Friendly staff with great service. Everything very clean, however I did have some fear of getting robbed when we checked out very early in the morning. It has only been one of only a very few times of having that concern of my entire 67 years. I would not recommend parking in the back in checking in late or checking out early.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business