1,066 results
All reviews front porch rocking chairs historic hotel rocky top chair lift middle of town sausage links ski lift corner room can't beat the location family suite hot breakfast the location is perfect donuts biscuits and gravy an older hotel free breakfast
Reviewed 17 September 2018

This place has it all. The best location. The friendliest staff. Decent prices. The best free breakfast (changes daily) I've ever had at a hotel. We really saved a lot buying our Ripley's Aquarium tickets from the front desk.
It was built in 1937 so it is very rustic, built of wood, but clean and very comfortable.
It is far enough off the main street so it is quiet.

Room tip: We had the first floor but next time I will be getting an upstairs room just to check them out. They have Serta mattresses.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
garyb342, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

TR3A61,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! And thank you for telling it like it is! I have to agree, we are the best! I hope that you and your family will come back and see us again real soon! Thank you for allowing us to be your home in the Smokies!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We've taken many many trips to Gatlinburg but this was our first time staying here. Interesting and historical hotel from a bygone era, unlike anything else in Gatlinburg. It's beautiful but in a faded elegance sort of way. Creaky floors, musty smell, the decor is mainly old fashioned. The electrical and plumbing pipes in the hallway runs outside of the ceiling rather than concealed inside. We stayed in a King room. Except for the very modern barhroom, it reminded me of staying in my grandmother's extra bedroom. Charming. The bed was VERY comfortable. The hot breakfast was not restaurant quality but it was decent. The location in the middle of Gatlinburg can't be beat. The front desk ladies were very nice. My only complaint is that our balcony looked out onto nothing but a wall. That was unacceptable to us and we asked to be moved to a different room but were told there were no other rooms available. Very very disappointing to be in Gatlinburg and have no view, especially for the price, otherwise I would have rated this a 5 instead of a 4. Overall however, we were very pleased with the hotel and would stay there again if we were guaranteed a room that didn't look out onto just a wall.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

kitten4762,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It was our pleasure to host you and your family during your recent stay here in Gatlinburg! You aren't the first to compare us to Granny's house, and were not ashamed one bit! We love our history! It's part of what makes the Inn, the Inn. I hope that you and your family will come back and see us again real soon! Thank you for allowing us to be your home in the Smokies!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I’m going to start my review by saying if you want an ultra modern hotel this is not the place for you. But, if you want friendly staff, a good breakfast, and a laid back environment than this is it. It’s not all updated and modern but that’s the charm of this place. There are comfy rocking chairs on the broad front porch plus we had rocking chairs on our balcony. The lobby was huge with plenty of areas to sit and just relax and enjoy the paper or read a book. The staff was friendly and helpful with everything from directions to good places to eat, or where to go sight seeing, to who delivers the best pizza. The location was great. We were within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants. The only time we used the car was to drive into the National Park for sight seeing at Cades Cove, The room was not fancy or modern but comfortable and clean. The bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was small but had a nice sized walk in shower an was adequate for our needs. We’re already planning a second visit and intend to stay here again. We didn’t try it but there was a nice looking outdoor pool.

Room tip: We had a king bed room but a 2 queen was the same price and would have been larger
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Adventurer698935,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to host you and your family during your recent stay in Gatlinburg! I hope that you will come back and see us again real soon! Thank you for allowing us to be your home in the Smokies!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

This was our first visit to the Gatlinburg Inn. It is so beautiful, so charming, and so comfortable. We had a standard King room, #235, with a balcony. Super comfy bed, lots of storage, great view of the parkway from the balcony, & beautiful renovated bathroom with a great shower. The location cannot be beat, right in the middle of everything. Breakfast which is included with your room was delicious every morning, hot and fresh. There are donuts & cookies for snacks throughout the day, with coffee always available. The pool area is lovely, with a beautiful sparkling pool. Every staff member is friendly & helpful. We loved it and will always come back here for future trips!!!

Room tip: 2nd floor was accessible by stairs or elevator, convenient either way
1  Thank Maryliz1118

Maryliz1118,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to host you and yours during your recent trip to Gatlinburg! I'm pleased to see that you found every aspect of your stay to be spot on! I hope that you will come back and see us again real soon! Thank you for allowing us to be your home in the Smokies!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The beds were comfy!! The employees were awesome and friendly!! The room was very clean (a big thing for me) and bathroom was always well stocked with towels and accessories!! The little girl from housekeeping was so sweet!! It did kind of have a musty smell but the history of the older hotel makes all the little quirky things acceptable!! The location was spot on!! In the middle of Gatlinburg and a lot of the things we wanted to do was pretty much walkable. Breakfast was decent!! It was a hot breakfast every morning, but I am kind of picky about my food!! So I have no complaints except no bacon our entire trip!! My cell phone service was kind of touch and go while we were there and I wish there was an alarm clock so I could see the time when I wake up in the middle of the night!! This will be my go to spot when in Gatlinburg from now on!! Enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Getaway217945,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to host you and your family during your recent stay here in Gatlinburg! I'm pleased to see that our staff took good care of you. Some may accuse me of bias, but I believe we have the best staff in Gatlinburg! I hope that you will come see us again real soon! Thank you for allowing us to be your home in the Smokies!