1,115 results
All reviews parking garage continental breakfast the river elevators were slow mysterious mansion an indoor outdoor pool within walking distance mountain side yogurt would stay here again the main strip small balcony biscuits and gravy great place to stay space needle an older hotel the location is perfect
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's been awhile since I'd stayed at the edgewater, and I took advantage this last trip to get a queen room with jacuzzi. Unfortunately, the jacuzzi was not operational, the bed was clearly a full size, and the room felt extremely damp. This wasn't due to humidity, believe me. The staff is very friendly, and the place is clean enough (though they could do with replacing their towels - hair was stuck to one but it was so entwined it couldn't have been removed through simple washing). All in all, a little disappointing. I had been expecting a river view room, but realize with busy weekends that sort of thing isn't a guarantee.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Edgewater. I apologize for your negative experience. I didn't see any comments on your reservation regarding the jacuzzi not working. I hope Maintenance took care of the problem. I apologize that the bed seemed to be a standard, but I assure you that all of our beds in the hotel are queens or kings.
Thank you again for your comments and concerns. I will review them with our Management Staff. We hope to see you again when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent place. Loved the room and complimentary breakfast. Great location and staff. Only complaint is parking deck spots are too tight. We will be back soon. Location is great and walking distance from parkway.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your Fall Break stay. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable and agree that our parking can sometimes be a challenge when we are full. We do have overflow parking if needed just down from the hotel at Christ in the Smokies.
We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We first visited this hotel over Labor Day and loved it. When we decided to return for my weekend birthday getaway, I insisted we stay here again. The hotel is convenient and within walking distance to everything. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmarcum1966

Thank you for choosing the Edgewater. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay and look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you and your family back to the Gatlinburg area.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Our family tend to use AirBnB or VRBO when we go on vacation. Since we were staying very close to home for one night paying a cleaning fee was cost prohibitive. The Edgewater got decent reviews and more importantly had a vacancy and close proximity to the places we wanted to go so we decided to stay there. One. Night.

Parking was so horrible that it alone would prevent us from ever staying at the Edgewater again. Since the hotel had 2 conventions going on this weekend, we could only find space next to concrete columns. That meant that we could not open the doors of the car without bashing them against concrete or squeeze behind to get to the trunk. We wound up parking behind the hotel outside in a rain storm.

And then there were the people smoking weed on the balcony above us attracting the attention of our curious teens, dripping tap ALL NIGHT LONG, no bottled water available in the 6th floor vending machines (which meant using the crowded elevator that stopped on every single floor again), the TV was a 16:9 flat screen but for some reason was formatted to a 19” CRT (in 2018?) room had a great view of a giant parking lot, sleeping in the beds was so uncomfortable as to be literally tiring, air conditioner came on and went off arbitrarily all night and the mini fridge froze our leftovers and the free breakfast contained something that made my lips swell and I have no known food allergies.

Highlights: location is great. The pool & hot tubs were great. Lots of towels. Rooms were dated but clean. Water was hot.

We had a great time in Gatlinburg. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Edgewater. Your comments and concerns are appreciated. I apologize for your negative experience and will share your response with our Management Staff to make sure all comments are addressed.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here for a retreat a couple of years in a row and have really enjoyed it! Very clean hotel, super friendly staff (front desk, housekeeping, etc). Awesome location. Breakfast is the only downside as the selection is small and the quality of what is offered isn’t excellent. The workout room is nice and we look forward to bringing the kids back with us to enjoy the pool area, which looks really nice!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple