“Amazing Experience!”

Fowler's Clay Works
Ranked #6 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Hand made pottery studio, featuring the works of Mike and Cheryl Fowler. All pieces are one of a kind, functional and decorative. Also offering pottery classes for visitors and locals. Give us a call or come by to book a class and see what it's like to spin your very own!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Mike, the owner, is a great guy! We met him while in Gatlinburg, TN at the Sugarland's Mountain Fest where he had a booth set up doing demonstrations. Very personable and interactive answering all of our questions and just having general conversation.

We went the next day to check out his shop, and he has absolutely beautiful and unique pieces! Upon finding out that they had some openings for the pottery class they offer I signed up for the next class available. I'm so happy I did! Meg, the instructor, was so fun and great to learn from! She's really awesome, just a true gem of a person!

I was able to make a coffee cup during the class and then picked out the glaze for which it will be dipped and fired in. I can't wait to get my souvenir that Meg helped me make with my own hands! It's a memory I'll always have.

We saw Mike again at the shop and he remembered us from the festival! We talked some more, you can really tell he's passionate about what he does! We will definitely go back when we visit Gatlinburg again to buy some of his pieces for the house and maybe do another class!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I first did a class
last October while on our honeymoon and each made a mug. We loved it so much, we went back the other day and were able to create a new piece. My husband made a bowl and I made a vase. Everyone there is so kind and welcoming! We have made this a tradition, every time we go to Gatlinburg now, we will make our own pottery!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

What can I say....just great beautiful pottery at fair prices. Staff and owner Mike are always friendly with some great stories. His pottery class is a must!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Mike Fowler the owner greeted us. He was very nice and knowledgeable. We had an appointment for a class and were "asked what do you want to make and what glaze do you want?" Which I wasn't expecting since I figured it was going to be very generic but it wasn't. We had a great instructor that understood I was a total novice. Once you make what you want, (cup, mug, small bowl or small container) they will do all the other steps and ship the final product in about 8 wks. If you need items for gifting they have pieces for sale too. A very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My family of three (2 adults and one 10 year old) loved the pottery class. Meg is a great teacher. She knows how to have fun!